When your spouse says you need another guitar...

Update: showed Mrs. Bebop this thread, and she said " ya know, I've been thinking about this S2 you've been watching on Reverb...."
S2 standard 22 limited edition ordered... NGD pending.... :D
No way! Man, you lucky mother f***er. All I hear is, “I could have a new kitchen with the money you spent in guitars “ from my wife.:(

Update: showed Mrs. Bebop this thread, and she said " ya know, I've been thinking about this S2 you've been watching on Reverb...."
S2 standard 22 limited edition ordered... NGD pending.... :D

Will be watching for the UPS' truck's tail lights and thinking, "Dang. There goes the only other one I'd been looking for..."

Talking pernambuco vs Chaltecoco vs Brazilian Rosewood during date nights. Romance!!
Me: “so, for the neck, I was thinking pernambuco, chaltecoco, or Brazilian...have you heard of the sinker mahogany story?”
Her: “oh blah-blah-blah...are you speaking Klingon? You are such a nerd...(Monstrous eye-roll). You had better have ordered the good Chianti...”

Me: “so, for the neck, I was thinking pernambuco, chaltecoco, or Brazilian...have you heard of the sinker mahogany story?”
Her: “oh blah-blah-blah...are you speaking Klingon? You are such a nerd...(Monstrous eye-roll). You had better have ordered the good Chianti...”

SO close to home!
But recently, as I rolled through all the reasons that I was trying to talk myself out of snapping up a "really good deal" on a "pretty special guitar" the builder had resting at NAMM....Seems he kinda preferred not having to tote it back to Germany.....
Her: "So why not just do it?"
It arrives. "Yes, that is very nice". That is about as far as her curiosity extends.
Yes, it appears that several other items will likely go on the block soon.
Unlike so many women, she seems to have relatively Spartan tastes......Very little interest in jewelry, more clothes, more shoes, a newer car. She DOES periodically mention the cost of "Having some work done". I encourage her to do whatever she wishes. (God forbid I should say she needs a "touchup!")
She has been saying that for ten years, so who knows if THAT ever happens.

She's bangin the delivery guy but what do you care if you're getting a new guitar out of it. Drop a subtle hint that you might be on to her and maybe you can level up to a Private Stock :)

Somehow, I can hear that in her voice.
I’m pretty sure as long as it fit the living room vibe she’d let you put whatever neck you wanted on it. But don’t be stingy with the pour.

Ya know... this is kinda what happened with my wife and her sister Saturday with this...
"... no, Will... you need this guitar... it is so cool......."

51984868_10213682824248902_6874887381145616384_n.jpg

Somehow, I can hear that in her voice.
I’m pretty sure as long as it fit the living room vibe she’d let you put whatever neck you wanted on it. But don’t be stingy with the pour.
We (you, me, and the guys) were probably having a similar conversation. At some point, she’s happy we’re enjoying ourselves but has no desire to partake. It’s unwise to let the wine glass get too low. And yes, she’d let me get what I wanted but I’d probably opt to omit the perny upcharge from any disclosure, if I went that way. It’s probably better that way.

I was talking Pernie tonight with the missus upon seeing a Violin I for sale. My wife “good thing you already got that blue one with the gold Celtic knots, looks better and has the piezo, right?” She doesn’t play guitar, but she does pay attention!

I was talking Pernie tonight with the missus upon seeing a Violin I for sale. My wife “good thing you already got that blue one with the gold Celtic knots, looks better and has the piezo, right?” She doesn’t play guitar, but she does pay attention!
Did you say......Violin I for sale??

It’s a sin to sell it, and a sin not to buy it! :p

Attention comes in different degrees....
Me: "I'd like me some piezo".
Her: "Zo, apple or cherry?"

Back