When your spouse says you need another guitar...

watelessness

wife: ooooo! that purple PRS glows in the dark! you need to buy that

me: um, sure, yeah, ok, but i have no GAS, don't know the neck carve or what pickups are in it; heck i don't even know if there is a sonic space that it would fit into considering what i have now. Besides, PRSh doesn't think we should have more than one of his guitars

wife: but it's purple. and it glows in the dark. it would look great on stage.

me: well there is that, but...

:p

Truth is stranger than fiction. Your wife may like the way the guitar looks, but may also be leveraging for a bargaining chip in the future (i.e. "I encouraged your guitar purchase. Why can't I have that diamond stud bracelet and matching ensemble?")

While your wife may be sincerely interested in enabling your guitar purchase, I'd be forthright with her and ask her if there were something she also had her eye on.

And next time you take your wife out to dinner at night, ask her if she likes how the car in front of you looks. "Oooo! A BMW! that would look great in our garage..."

wife: ooooo! that purple PRS glows in the dark! you need to buy that

me: um, sure, yeah, ok, but i have no GAS, don't know the neck carve or what pickups are in it; heck i don't even know if there is a sonic space that it would fit into considering what i have now. Besides, PRSh doesn't think we should have more than one of his guitars

wife: but it's purple. and it glows in the dark. it would look great on stage.

me: well there is that, but...

:p

Dude.

You are seriously overthinking things when you've been given a free pass!

itsatrap.jpg.cf.jpg

“Snap out of it!”...(a hand slaps your face) Are you crazy...do it! Many of us would kill to have a wife encourage a new guitar buy. I would try my best to love it.

Back