When you own too much gear.

gush

Where is that speedo pic
I was talking with my Dad a few weeks ago and we were talking about "his" music room. He mentioned that he hasn't played my amp in years.............I thought, what the hell are you talking about????

I COMPLETELY FORGOT that 20 years ago or so his cheap little amp quit so I loaned him one I wasn't using at the time. He bought another cheap ass amp to play instead of using the one I loaned him.

Well I got it back and was excited to play it but ALL the pots are super scratchy and essentially the amp is useless until I can get it fixed.

It was a Roland Jazz. Chorus 77. I bought it from the original owner back in the late 80s.

Crazy stuff.

I was talking with my Dad a few weeks ago and we were talking about "his" music room. He mentioned that he hasn't played my amp in years.............I thought, what the hell are you talking about????

I COMPLETELY FORGOT that 20 years ago or so his cheap little amp quit so I loaned him one I wasn't using at the time. He bought another cheap ass amp to play instead of using the one I loaned him.

Well I got it back and was excited to play it but ALL the pots are super scratchy and essentially the amp is useless until I can get it fixed.

It was a Roland Jazz. Chorus 77. I bought it from the original owner back in the late 80s.

Crazy stuff.

Too funny. I took lessons at Grigg's Music, in Davenport, way back in the mid 80s. My teacher had a JC-120. Loved that amp.

Wonderful amp...clean those pots, and keep it covered when not in use... should last another 20 or so...De-Ox spray will work wonders.

Last edited:
It also gets hard to carry around.

Ha ha ha boy do I know that feeling.

I've got an H &H enclosed trailer stuffed to the gills with gear plus my basement has nmy gear everywhere. I can't believe my wife hasn't blown a gasket!!!

I'll have another guitar coming to join my herd before too long............never ends!

Too funny. I took lessons at Grigg's Music, in Davenport, way back in the mid 80s. My teacher had a JC-120. Loved that amp.

I worked for Griggs part time about 15 years ago. Employee discount!!!!!!

I bought a ton of gear through that store back then including a new anniversary Strat for my dad when he turned 60.

I used to do horn repos!!!!!

That was crazy crazy crazy! I had a woman absolutely wig out on me trying to repo a trumpet. Wish I had it recorded.

I had completely forgotten that I loaned a friend an old beat up Yamaha Strat clone with a floyd, and an old beat up Dean Markley solid state practice amp.
I wonder if they still work, or if he still has them?
I shall find out.

I worked for Griggs part time about 15 years ago. Employee discount!!!!!!

I bought a ton of gear through that store back then including a new anniversary Strat for my dad when he turned 60.

I used to do horn repos!!!!!

That was crazy crazy crazy! I had a woman absolutely wig out on me trying to repo a trumpet. Wish I had it recorded.

I spent a TON of time at that place. Me and a couple of buds were there weekly buggin' the guys in the Guitar Department. I think one was named Steve. Pretty sure about that. The other, maybe, was Dave?

I haven't been in there in, probably, 20 years. Whenever the HB deal goes down, I may have to stop in before I head for home.

I spent a TON of time at that place. Me and a couple of buds were there weekly buggin' the guys in the Guitar Department. I think one was named Steve. Pretty sure about that. The other, maybe, was Dave?

I haven't been in there in, probably, 20 years. Whenever the HB deal goes down, I may have to stop in before I head for home.

Ha ha.....l was in the davenport store last month. I was really disappointed.

At least we can enjoy tacos!!!

That's the guy! He's still there?

Bummer to hear about your disappointment
Steve Judge was or is part owner. TBH I've lost contact with most of the guys there and had most of my contact with them doing horn rentals.

I should also point out I worked out of the Washington location but made trips to Dav store frequently.

I was sure bummed going there last month. Not much guitar stuff anymore.

Wife had her annual cookie bake with her sisters so son and I were ordered out of the house.

We looked at guitars!!!

Back