When will my guitar arrive?

Ooberific

I ordered a fire red custom 24 at the beginning of April and the anticipation is killing me! I think about it every day. The only info my dealer can give me is "90-120 days" no concrete date. Next week will be the 4 month mark. With the way things are going will it take even longer than that?

I ordered an Artist Package DGT, November 4, 2016. It arrived May 12, 2017, 27 weeks later. I've afraid your dealer may have been optimistic. I think Artist Package takes a little longer than Core though. Your new guitar will be worth the wait though.

I got quoted about 6 months for an Artist package that I ordered the 15th of May. There's a note in my calendar for the 15th of November for a hopeful arrival date. Not that I'm thinking about it every day :)

If you're holding your breath, exhale. All good things come to those who wait. Patience young Jedi!

Hey Shawn, please don't sacrifice quality! It is the main reason we all stick with PRS (beyond the nice tops, etc)! There are other companies out there that do nice tops, but I stick with PRS for the consistency in quality.

So does that mean you will be shortly starting up planning the production of the Experience 2018 Limited Edition model, so they are ready for the show next June? Hint hint? or are they already slotted in for Q1 2018?

The backorder for core models is about 6 months and the backorder for Artist Packages is about 8 months. We are doing everything we can to catch up on the backorder without losing our commitment to quality. Thanks for your patience!
So does that mean it should be around October for me?

So does that mean it should be around October for me?

Could be, but it's an estimate, so it could be sooner or later.

That's not a bad back order at all really. Way back in '02 I was quoted nine+ months for my HBII and it came in six. I will gladly wait 6-8 months for quality.

...That's not a bad back order at all really. Way back in '02 I was quoted nine+ months for my HBII and it came in six. I will gladly wait 6-8 months for quality.

When you consider that you are going to play it for 20 - 30 years, waiting 6 months to get something that will last that long doesn't seem that bad.:)

Yes, most likely. As Garrett mentioned, it might come a little sooner, but it typically takes about 6 months from the date PRS receives the order. Thanks.
Thanks a ton! Even if it's a little later, it's just been eating at me not knowing when it's coming. So some ease of mind there. Hoping for before October of course, but if it's October then it's October!

I'll be sure to post pics when it comes in! This will be my first core model so I'm just beyond excited for it.

When I orderd my fist PRS late 1990 I had to wait six months. So that's very consistent over the years. And yes it's still a great instrument after 26 years. Got some playtime today :D

Imagine poor Abe Lincoln's disappointment when he was told there was a 120 year wait for a PRS he wanted.

That's 6 score in Lincoln talk

With apologies to the pure historians among us...

"6 score and 1 years into the future our children will bring forth on this continent, a new guitar, conceived in genius, and dedicated to the proposition that all guitars are not created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great economic war, testing whether that company, or any company so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that competition. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those inferior F&G brand guitars that didn't measure up. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate—we can not consecrate—we can not hallow—this ground. The brave men and women of Maryland, who struggle here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they do here. It is for us the consumers, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who toil here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored guitars we take increased devotion to that cause in which they continue to give their full measure of musicality—that we here highly resolve that these guitars shall not hang on the walls of Guitar Center in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of R&B, Blues, and good ol' Rock and Roll—and that guitars made of the people, by the people, and for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

Adapted from the Gettysburg Address...

Last edited:
I got quoted about 6 months for an Artist package that I ordered the 15th of May. There's a note in my calendar for the 15th of November for a hopeful arrival date. Not that I'm thinking about it every day :)
Hopefully you'll be able to wish me a happy birthday, the same day I wish you a happy NGD!

Back