When will 35th Anniversary Models start to Ship to dealers?

Just got info from Moore Guitars that my S2 CU24 35th Ann. eta is Oct/Nov of 2020. Very disappointing. That's a year after pre-ordering (Nov 2, 2019). I'm surprised that PRS wouldn't have geared up better for an Anniversary edition. Is this typical of other anniversary releases? Did I just pick the wrong dealer (nothing against the dealer ... Rob has been very helpful)?

look it from another angle, you will be the first to have the 36th anniversary model! (imagine the 36th on the truss rod cover...)

seriously, it can not be a year in the making. we are not talking about a private stock but a mid range production line guitar...

Lol. Yeah, agree with that. That's why I'm surprised that it's not out sooner. And wouldn't they want to show them at NAMM? anyways, life is good at prs to have that kind of backorder. Will still be happy to have it ... they should probably be a little more up front about the production schedule when they advertise them for sale.

I think they will have the whole line up at the namm, along with others news for 2020.
We just have to wait few weeks and we will know more...

Just got info from Moore Guitars that my S2 CU24 35th Ann. eta is Oct/Nov of 2020. Very disappointing. That's a year after pre-ordering (Nov 2, 2019). I'm surprised that PRS wouldn't have geared up better for an Anniversary edition. Is this typical of other anniversary releases? Did I just pick the wrong dealer (nothing against the dealer ... Rob has been very helpful)?

I have the exact same guitar on order from Moore and this sucks if true...at least you have heard from them.

I have the exact same guitar on order from Moore and this sucks if true...at least you have heard from them.
Yeah. I reached out to them via chat on their website. Otherwise, I wouldn't have heard anything. Rob said he hoped that the estimate was heavily padded ... but I'm assuming my hope of getting it mid to end of January is just fantasy ...

Ok, so I'm really hoping that the estimate from Moore Guitars is way off ... altho I'm certain it may vary with color and dealer. Sweetwater has 2 Scarlet Red in stock and ready to ship ... so they are starting to appear here and there. Although I do have to wonder why a Pre-Order wouldn't be manufactured 1st in line ... ?
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/S2C2435SR--prs-35th-anniversary-s2-custom-24-scarlet-red

Well I will just keep playing this old Les Paul until this beauty comes a knockin so I can be a rockin when it does come.

Just saw an elephant grey 35th Anniv S2 Custom 24 pop up on Reverb. Looks nice.

I saw they were shipping one like the one I ordered on March 5th...Hopefully Moore will be about the same time frame
Yeah, I'm not sure that March 5th date is real. Chicago Music Exchange has a Jan 7th date (was Dec 10th before) ... but they just keep bumping the date out a month at every due date. Just a marketing ploy IMO.

Anderton's (UK) has updated their delivery date for 35th Ann S2 CU24's from "Unknown" to "Next Delivery Due: Thursday, 23 January 2020". That just occurred today. Hoping this is positive news for US Dealers as well :)

Last edited:
Not sure why I torture myself, but I'm keeping an eye out for the model I pre-ordered (I guress because it's the only info I can get) ... this one is listed by a shop in Belgium
https://reverb.com/item/31712877-pr...-blue-smokeburst-dark-back-prs-premium-gigbag
by my count, that's 3 in the wild. 1 from Andertons (sold), one from Axe Palace (very nice looking top) and this one from Belgium.
None of the bigger US dealers have them that I can tell. None at Chicago ME, Sweetwater, GC or Music Zoo.
Would love for someone from PRS to provide any insight as to when this production model will be "in production".

Also, I know from PRS that they can track individual orders via bar code. Does that apply only to the core models (and above), or do they track production orders as well?

Last edited:
look it from another angle, you will be the first to have the 36th anniversary model! (imagine the 36th on the truss rod cover...)

seriously, it can not be a year in the making. we are not talking about a private stock but a mid range production line guitar...

I recieved my 35th anniversary prs se 24 on Saturday 1st feb it's the black and gold and all I can say its better than I ever thought it would be, the tci pups are fantastic. Pictures to follow .

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3074981972524899&set=a.1044510108905439&type=3

So just putting this out for others to be better than I was. Return policies vary from dealer to dealer. I really didn't anticipate that a new guitar (pre-order or otherwise) would not be eligible for return. My fault for not digging deeper, and, in the end I'll get my guitar. Just that it is available today from other dealers. I pre-ordered and I'm still waiting with an estimated delivery of Oct/Nov ... ridiculous.
But my point is, look at the screenshot linked above. It certainly seems misleading (at best) since this guitar is not eligible to be returned. Why would they say it is in the listing?
Be careful out there :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back