When will 35th Anniversary Models start to Ship to dealers?

Discussion in 'PRS News' started by FKarlH, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Gigi

Gigi New Member

look it from another angle, you will be the first to have the 36th anniversary model! (imagine the 36th on the truss rod cover...)

seriously, it can not be a year in the making. we are not talking about a private stock but a mid range production line guitar...

FKarlH likes this.
  2. FKarlH

FKarlH New Member

Lol. Yeah, agree with that. That's why I'm surprised that it's not out sooner. And wouldn't they want to show them at NAMM? anyways, life is good at prs to have that kind of backorder. Will still be happy to have it ... they should probably be a little more up front about the production schedule when they advertise them for sale.

3. Gigi

Gigi New Member

I think they will have the whole line up at the namm, along with others news for 2020.
    We just have to wait few weeks and we will know more...

FKarlH likes this.
  4. Chuck Jackson

Chuck Jackson New Member

I have the exact same guitar on order from Moore and this sucks if true...at least you have heard from them.

5. FKarlH

FKarlH New Member

Yeah. I reached out to them via chat on their website. Otherwise, I wouldn't have heard anything. Rob said he hoped that the estimate was heavily padded ... but I'm assuming my hope of getting it mid to end of January is just fantasy ...

6. FKarlH

FKarlH New Member

7. Chuck Jackson

Chuck Jackson New Member

Well I will just keep playing this old Les Paul until this beauty comes a knockin so I can be a rockin when it does come.

8. Griz

Griz New Member

Just saw an elephant grey 35th Anniv S2 Custom 24 pop up on Reverb. Looks nice.

FKarlH likes this.
  9. Chuck Jackson

Chuck Jackson New Member

I saw they were shipping one like the one I ordered on March 5th...Hopefully Moore will be about the same time frame

FKarlH likes this.
  10. FKarlH

FKarlH New Member

Yeah, I'm not sure that March 5th date is real. Chicago Music Exchange has a Jan 7th date (was Dec 10th before) ... but they just keep bumping the date out a month at every due date. Just a marketing ploy IMO.

11. FKarlH

FKarlH New Member

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  12. FKarlH

FKarlH New Member

Anderton's (UK) has updated their delivery date for 35th Ann S2 CU24's from "Unknown" to "Next Delivery Due: Thursday, 23 January 2020". That just occurred today. Hoping this is positive news for US Dealers as well :)

#32 FKarlH, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  13. FKarlH

FKarlH New Member

Not sure why I torture myself, but I'm keeping an eye out for the model I pre-ordered (I guress because it's the only info I can get) ... this one is listed by a shop in Belgium
    https://reverb.com/item/31712877-pr...-blue-smokeburst-dark-back-prs-premium-gigbag
    by my count, that's 3 in the wild. 1 from Andertons (sold), one from Axe Palace (very nice looking top) and this one from Belgium.
    None of the bigger US dealers have them that I can tell. None at Chicago ME, Sweetwater, GC or Music Zoo.
    Would love for someone from PRS to provide any insight as to when this production model will be "in production".

Also, I know from PRS that they can track individual orders via bar code. Does that apply only to the core models (and above), or do they track production orders as well?

#33 FKarlH, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020 at 4:54 PM
  14. Martin the welder

Martin the welder New Member

I recieved my 35th anniversary prs se 24 on Saturday 1st feb it's the black and gold and all I can say its better than I ever thought it would be, the tci pups are fantastic. Pictures to follow .

dogrocketp, FKarlH and Alnus Rubra like this.
  15. FKarlH

FKarlH New Member

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

16. Ryan Murphy

Ryan Murphy Stares at bright lights

Really hope mine comes in soon. its supposed to arrive this month.

FKarlH likes this.
  17. FKarlH

FKarlH New Member

Who did you order from?

18. Ryan Murphy

Ryan Murphy Stares at bright lights

A small local shop by me

dogrocketp and FKarlH like this.
  19. FKarlH

FKarlH New Member

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3074981972524899&set=a.1044510108905439&type=3

So just putting this out for others to be better than I was. Return policies vary from dealer to dealer. I really didn't anticipate that a new guitar (pre-order or otherwise) would not be eligible for return. My fault for not digging deeper, and, in the end I'll get my guitar. Just that it is available today from other dealers. I pre-ordered and I'm still waiting with an estimated delivery of Oct/Nov ... ridiculous.
    But my point is, look at the screenshot linked above. It certainly seems misleading (at best) since this guitar is not eligible to be returned. Why would they say it is in the listing?
    Be careful out there :)

#39 FKarlH, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  20. Tony M.

Tony M. New Member

#40 Tony M., Feb 8, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    FKarlH, bodia and Alnus Rubra like this.