When will 35th Anniversary Models start to Ship to dealers?

FKarlH

I pre-ordered an S2 Custom 24 35th anniv. on Nov 2nd ... chomping at the bit for it to come. I know they likely won't be released until at least Jan ... but my dealer thinks they may come before then ...

Can anyone form PRS provide any insight as to when these may start to ship? I visited the factory last week (HIGHLY recommend if you have a thought of doing that ... ) and they thought they were already in production.

I'm trying to be patient ... told myself that it would be at least 6 months ... hoping it will be in Jan/Feb ... BUT, if it comes sooner, A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE.

btw - Could not have been more impressed with the factory, the people, the process ... and wow ... seeing all of those beautiful guitars did nothing to help my patience ... want to get mine even more :)

Don’t have an answer to your question, but welcome to the forum.

Actually, some have stated in various threads that some of the 2020 SEs are already shipping to dealers.

Thank you. And thanks for the welcome. Yes. I've seen some mention of the SE's, but none of the MD made. The person who did my tour, Jason, worked with Private stock and didn't have any specific info, but felt like none would be delivered before NAMM 2020.
But talked to Moore guitars and they were hopeful they would come earlier.
But, in the end, no solid info from anyone :)

Welcome to the forum.

We would all love to see photos when your guitar arrives. Hopefully soon!

Thanks for the update!

Any S2 sightings from anyone?

I am seeing a few Core models on Reverb. But no S2's yet :(

Last edited:
update
just spoke to my dealer (Moore Music/Guitars)
He said he's received some 35th Ann Core models, as well as getting some SE's in. No word on S2's.
If anyone has sighted a 35th Ann S2, please update.
"I can hardly stand the wait ...
Please Christmas, don't be late .."

Patiently awaiting the arrival of a 35th SE at my local shop... they have an SE Paul’s and some of the roasted SE’s, I A/B’d them yesterday and preferred the tone of the Paul’s, including the split tones which were a hands down win for the TCI pickups. Love the feel of that maple fretboard on the roasted SE’s though. Really hoping to try that 35th alongside the others, and soon!

Just got info from Moore Guitars that my S2 CU24 35th Ann. eta is Oct/Nov of 2020. Very disappointing. That's a year after pre-ordering (Nov 2, 2019). I'm surprised that PRS wouldn't have geared up better for an Anniversary edition. Is this typical of other anniversary releases? Did I just pick the wrong dealer (nothing against the dealer ... Rob has been very helpful)?

Just got info from Moore Guitars that my S2 CU24 35th Ann. eta is Oct/Nov of 2020. Very disappointing. That's a year after pre-ordering (Nov 2, 2019). I'm surprised that PRS wouldn't have geared up better for an Anniversary edition. Is this typical of other anniversary releases? Did I just pick the wrong dealer (nothing against the dealer ... Rob has been very helpful)?
They’ve just gotten too popular.
There will be other models out sooner.

All good things come to those who wait

Back