When does the spring seaon start in NJ?

Single_tone

After my first fall season, I'M HOOKED !! So when (REALLY) should I start hitting the beach?

It all depends on which side of the Pork Roll / Taylor Ham divide you reside in (i.e. South or North Jersey). If you are a Taylor Ham guy, you go to the beach during the months of Novermber through April. If you, like me, are in the pork roll part of the state then you enjoy pleasant Taylor-Ham-Free-Zone beaches in the best shore months of late May through - the BEST month - September.

It all depends on which side of the Pork Roll / Taylor Ham divide you reside in (i.e. South or North Jersey). If you are a Taylor Ham guy, you go to the beach during the months of Novermber through April. If you, like me, are in the pork roll part of the state then you enjoy pleasant Taylor-Ham-Free-Zone beaches in the best shore months of late May through - the BEST month - September.

My cousin, Steve Mitchum, has his own surf board building shop up there somewhere in South Jersey... Cape May area I think...

Was relocated here last year in the summer, why, what's wrong with the beaches? :eek:

Is New Jersey similar to Essex in England?
Never been there, here are a couple of September morning beach photos I took in NJ a couple of years ago, for context. Sun rising to the east, moon still hanging out to the southwest

Sea-Isle-June-2006-010.jpg
Sea-Isle-June-2006-015.jpg

Back