When did 58/15s get an LT version

BigdaddyRN

As the title says when did the 58/15s pickups get an LT version ? Is it just a name change or is there a difference in 58/15s and 58/15s LT

But the 58/15S LT ... has gotta be a new thing... The question is ... Why ?

I perhaps think, the 58/15S is not as well received in the S2 594's because of their more massive size (relative to the Thinline & Hollowbody, where they kick booty)

So I would think (and what the heck do I know) ... That a more beefy output would be desired to have the 58/15S sound "better" in the heavier guitar ... Not a LT or lower output version

What does the 58/15+ do , relative to the 58/15 ? That was the answer for the Core 594 SC (which I guess is a bulkier guitar than the DC) ...

Oh well ... for what they are asking for them, they wont appear on my procurement schedule anyway ... :)

But the 58/15S LT ... has gotta be a new thing... The question is ... Why ?

I perhaps think, the 58/15S is not as well received in the S2 594's because of their more massive size (relative to the Thinline & Hollowbody, where they kick booty)

So I would think (and what the heck do I know) ... That a more beefy output would be desired to have the 58/15S sound "better" in the heavier guitar ... Not a LT or lower output version

What does the 58/15+ do , relative to the 58/15 ? That was the answer for the Core 594 SC (which I guess is a bulkier guitar than the DC) ...

Oh well ... for what they are asking for them, they wont appear on my procurement schedule anyway ... :)
The "S" nomenclature makes it so confusing for questions like these. Is he using the "s" to make made in US 58/15 plural, or is he talking about the Korean 58/15"S" pickups in S2 and SE?? To answer your question I think the Korean 58/15S LT pickups are new this year

The "S" nomenclature makes it so confusing for questions like these. Is he using the "s" to make made in US 58/15 plural, or is he talking about the Korean 58/15"S" pickups in S2 and SE?? To answer your question I think the Korean 58/15S LT pickups are new this year
Yes, the S can make it confusing. LT pickups are new this year for sale separately as a pair but have been around since the 594.

Yes, the S can make it confusing. LT pickups are new this year for sale separately as a pair but have been around since the 594.
He's not talking about the ones that have been out for years. He's talking about the ones that are new this year on the SE and S2 lines

The 58/15s ‘s are what comes on the SE line. The import version of the USA pickups.
I believe the op is referring to the import pickups. Looks like the LT versions of the import pickups are new and are coming on the newly released SE 594 models

or is he talking about the Korean 58/15"S" pickups in S2 and SE?? To answer your question I think the Korean 58/15S LT pickups are new this year
Well , in that PRS keeps the composition of their pickups secret, the confusion is amplified in that I would be willing to bet that with the move of SE from Korea to Indonesia, that the SE pickups are no longer "G&B" Korean manufacture.

That is not to say that "bad" pickups come outta Indo, as I have Indo manufactured guitars where the pickups are more than satisfying. But in SE land, where there was concern in the quality of Indo vs Korea manufacture, my 2 SE CU24 are split between Korea & Indonesia. Build quality is the same. Indistinguishable .

BUT, the 85/15S in my Korean CU24, I believe are G&B, and do sound "different" from the 85/15S in my Indo sweetie. Different, as less "rich" and when coil split ? Well the Indo set was replaced . The G&B set, (that perhaps unfairly benefits from a John Mann all brass bridge) ... Is still on the job !

But even before the bridge, I heard distinguishable differences in favor of the G&B set, which is why they got the John Mann, all brass 2040 Killa Dilla Trem/ Bridge :) ...

Yes I was referencing the overseas made 58/15s that were on the S2 594 when they came out and the se hollow body.
So the 58/15sLT are new it seems.

Back