When can we expect info on 2022 releases?

Duvupov

I heard a rumor on another topic about PRS SE custom 24-08 colors that they 'probably' going to release new stuff somewhere in January. Can we expect some teasers/hints/info earlier?

This is what usually happens:

- Mid-late December: "Hey, it's almost January - shouldn't we be hearing about the new releases for 2022?"
- Early January: "It's January. NAMM is just around the corner. Haven't we usually heard about the new releases by now?"
- Mid-January: "It's the middle of January - where are the new release announcements?"
- Late-mid-January: The new product announcements come out over a few days.
- Late-January: NAMM happens. "What, no announcements at NAMM? Last week was it?"
- February-May: "Where are the new products?"

This is what usually happens:

- Mid-late December: "Hey, it's almost January - shouldn't we be hearing about the new releases for 2022?"
- Early January: "It's January. NAMM is just around the corner. Haven't we usually heard about the new releases by now?"
- Mid-January: "It's the middle of January - where are the new release announcements?"
- Late-mid-January: The new product announcements come out over a few days.
- Late-January: NAMM happens. "What, no announcements at NAMM? Last week was it?"
- February-May: "Where are the new products?"

You forgot “November-December: who cares about new announcements, where the heck are the ones from last year?”

Sorry, someone is cranky about still waiting for a Special Semi Hollow.

Does the specific John Mayer announcement in january mean we probably will see other releases much later?

Does the specific John Mayer announcement in january mean we probably will see other releases much later?

v4KIl4v.jpg

Hells yes!

CASH-IN-HAND:cool:
Hells yes, again!

I'd love a PRS flying V. I'd definetly buy one in a cool color.

Gibson makes me mad with all the "this is the way and colors we made them in the 60s. Hope you like them. If not, you're SOL"
Don't let Gibson make you mad, make them mad by not buying anymore of their stuff :p

I’ll hold for the explorer.
I'd go for that as well!

2022 Wish List:

SE Silver Sky. Under 1G. Sunburst. Moon Inlays option. RW FB. Noiseless PU's or standard size PU's to make installing aftermarket easier. Universal Route under PG to facilite HSS/HSH combo's. Offer latter PU combo's or make alternate PG's available, if only limited time, for those who wish to experiment. Standard PRS 10" radius.

Re-issue of SE EG, maybe bolt neck this time around. Noiseless SSS or HSH. Vintage SB and/or Black Gold Burst w/maple veneer top.

Acoustic/Electric Hybrid. Using SE Custom 22 Semi Hollowbody Stoptail as starting point. Strings through body acoustic style bridge, with available/easy adjustment of bridge saddle for action settings. Action setup to play like an electric guitar, adjustable via either set screws or removable shims. HSH PU's w/standard 5-way switching (Or maybe 5-way w/ position 3 = N/B). A little extra width at nut end for easier chording. No white plastic neck/headstock binding, keep it plain. No extra mini/micro switches for coil splits; only 1 mini switch for selecting piezo/magnetics and one knob for piezo volume or blending of PU systems. Keep it as simple as possible. Black Gold Burst, moon inlays. Offer this with branded PRS "zebra" strings for the best of phosphore bronze/nickel tones, in standard electric guitar gauges. This will equal or beat Big F's "Sonicoustic" model, especially if it sustains a ton more...

32" Medium Scale SE Kestrel Bass, for us guitarists who sometimes double on bass and find 34" scale a bit too long, and for others with short fingers/small hands. Not simply a shorter neck on a regular size body, that would look strange. Scale the entire instrument down to medium scale (The wood parts - hardware could remain regular size and should ft no problem.). No white neck binding. Vintage Sunburst. Noiseless PU's.

SE Solidbody Chambered Nylon String. Use traditional classical body shape with single rounded cutaway with PRS scoop but built like a chambered solidbody electric, PRS Santana style headstock w/forward facing nylon string tuners (Not slotted traditional headstock/tuners) for the PRS look. Would standard PRS locking tuners work here? Strings through body using ball end nylon strings for tons of sustain, with possible option to use tied strings or perhaps an instructional on how to knot up non ball end strings for strings through use. Bridge height should be easy to adjust for action, either via set screws or removable shims - need to be able to get "electric guitar" action on this. This s not for the trad classical player but more of a modern, smooth jazz, etc. style nylon string with the electric guitarist in mind. Neck width at nut wide enough for chording. No white neck/headstock binding. Natural or sunburst.

Happy New Year everybody! :}

My 2022 wish is more colours for Fiore and maybe... just maybe back of P90 Mccarty

Any 25” S2 with Soapbars (it’s my same wish every year — eventually it has to happen, right?)

Back