What's your plan?

So my plan is already going sideways...

I happened upon a Floyd guitar (non-PRS, gasp!) that was too much fun to not put an offer on. If it goes through, that’ll blow up my idea to turn my CE-22 into a Floyd machine.

And then I saw that the Axe FX III price was reduced to $1,999 - further complicating my wallets future and the future of a Hollowbody.
If it rhymes with “dusic fan faxes” then I approve!

My Plan
To get off the road and have a normal life / loose weight ( 25 lbs so far ) ( started new job at same company last week )
Get Dept free ( except mortgage )
Get a 4 x12 cab :)
Get a new motorcycle .

Great when a plan comes together.

Now PRS please don't release any new models I need for awhile please :)

I had to sell a few guitars to get to the dept free part and that was tough but I kept the best sounding ones and when I cut the deal I grabbed a 1960b cab that ended up with BrianC and I took one of his super clean 1960a cabs and grabbed his Orange Dark Terror that I really liked when I jammed at his place.
After the sell off there was money in the back and even tho Sergio tempted me with some things I found a bike I have lusted after for years at a deal I could not pass up.

IMG_5112 by BMW 1 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/152274366@N08/

I have a plan but, unfortunately, I also have urges. Sometimes the urge gets the better of me. The missus grumbles, the cats hide and the budgies stop whistling. Sometimes the urge passes, sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't then it's a matter of releasing the pressure. Beyond that, I have a couple, three targets which are, necessarily, governed by budget. I want, in the very worst way, a McCarty 594 in the tobacco color scheme shown on the site. After that, I don't like the big semi-acoustics, such as the Gibson ES 335 etc. I have an Ibanez JM which sounds fab but is, again, too big for me, so, I'm think ES 339. Beyond that, in the distant, smoky future, an ES 175. But please, don't let this make you think I'm boosting Gibsons. I'm not. My favorite brand, due to comfort of playing and quality of build is PRS. My S2 Custom 24 is my absolute favorite guitar. I am definitely going to look at the PRS hollowbodies!

I am waiting for my McCarty SC594 to arrive (this week hopefully). That will bring my collection to:

1. Silver Sky - Tungsten
2. Custom 24 10 Top - Trampas Green
3. SE A55E - Green Quilt Maple
4. McCarty SC594 10 Top - Blood Orange

I've sold all my "other guys" guitars because honestly I don't enjoy playing them. Once I played a PRS I was hooked and that's all I want to own. I'm not sure what will be next, but I've purchased all of these guitars in the past year so for the sake of my marriage I will probably stop for a bit.

Back