What's your plan?

I’m a Taoist too, Les.

Except the difference between us is that you actually know what a Taoist is! :(

On the other hand, now I’m determined to find out. I’ll do some reading.

Edit - just got a book on the philosophy and history of Taoism. So thanks for giving me something interesting to read about!

Last edited:
Me, too. See my signature. The only "guitar" plan I have is if I can ever find a birth year guitar that I like and I can afford, I may add it to get to three guitars. But since that would be a 1958, the price may be out of reach.

Why am I so cheap? Because I'm putting as much as I can into retirement funds!

The birth year guitar is a cool idea. Hmm.... what are some '79 guitars I should be on the lookout for?

My wife recently gave me a hard limit of 12 guitars total. And they all need to be out (no hiding 5 additional ones in the closet). And that number includes her acoustic and bass. So, ten for me.

I consider that generous, as I didn’t intend to own ten, plus I use her two anyway. But since I have the pre-approval...

I do plan on having a Floyd - either modifying my CE-22, or saving for the Custom 24 version if I find the right one. And at some point at Hollowbody would round things off nicely. But I just did a few moves/trades, so I’ll stay low key for a bit.

The birth year guitar is a cool idea. Hmm.... what are some '79 guitars I should be on the lookout for?
My first guitar was a ‘79 Les Paul Deluxe, but it won’t be for sale for a very long time (perhaps 3 generations). :D

The last PRS acquisition was the RL Vela, which was a pretty smart buy. It scratched itches unknown and earned its own spot in the herd. What’s next? Not sure...gotta develop a new itch.

I'm in a decent place with the guitars I own with no real gas attacks at the moment other than wanting a bass and maybe a hollowbody with a bigsby. Last week I decided to scratch the bass off the list so I dug into the closet and traded in my old Sigma 12 string and Peavey Backstage for a Yamaha Bass and a Fender Rumble 40.

I'm considering either getting a fret level on my Mexican Strat, or selling the Mexican Strat and getting a new Strat. (was considering the Ed O'Brien Strat cause the sustainer pickup is interesting to me and would fit in well with my band.) But as far as PRS's, I want a HBII really bad. I think I'm gonna hold off on that for 8+ years till my kids are in and out of college though. Otherwise it might cause a divorce lol.

To focus on playing more and gear less for the foreseeable future. After years of gear-go-round I paired down to just two PRSi (as blasphemous as it may sound) and I’m enjoying the simplicity. Admittedly still tempted by a PG so it’s good they’re scarce.

I guess you could say I'm good , for now,...Plenty of guitars/basses...all pickup combinations covered...HB, SC, P-90, etc...Just filled my amp shelves...and plenty of pedals...Crap.
Until something comes by that deserves a nice BIG trade. the local Cockeysville MGR has a really pretty PS Cu 24...but the dark blue almost hides the awesome quilt.
If it were a little lighter in color, I might be stacking guitars in the trunk for a deal.

Plus, for the last 10 years or so, I promise myself I'd save for the Experience, and actually buy something there. Last year it was a P90 in the neck monster. (at Brian's, I think)
So I might just get to the experience with a couple bucks this year????

****EDIT: I just saw the new white SE SC (Nicely modded) next to the also well-modded "PRS One"...THAT's what I NEED...a really nice "One"!!!!!!!!!!
DAMMIT!!!!!!

Until something comes by that deserves a nice BIG trade. the local Cockeysville MGR has a really pretty PS Cu 24...but the dark blue almost hides the awesome quilt.
If it were a little lighter in color, I might be stacking guitars in the trunk for a deal.

de Blanc Custom Finishing could sort that for you!;)

I'm in a decent place with the guitars I own with no real gas attacks at the moment other than wanting a bass and maybe a hollowbody with a bigsby. Last week I decided to scratch the bass off the list so I dug into the closet and traded in my old Sigma 12 string and Peavey Backstage for a Yamaha Bass and a Fender Rumble 40.
Nevermind, I just saw the new SE's...

Back