What's your pick of choice ?

ProgRocker

I recently started using Jazz II XLs, I like them over the standard Jazz III though I can only find them up to 1.5mm thickness. Has anyone come across 2.0's ?

What are you using ?

Last edited:
BlueChip TD60. The only pick to outlast a global pandemic! Seriously, I got this pick a couple of years ago after recommendations on this site as I was fed up of the Dunlop picks I used to use wearing away and this constantly changing shape. The BlueChip picks seem to be indestructible, no discernible wear on it at all, and I've used it a lot (I've played more in the last 10 months than I've ever played before -probably).

BlueChip TD60. The only pick to outlast a global pandemic! Seriously, I got this pick a couple of years ago after recommendations on this site as I was fed up of the Dunlop picks I used to use wearing away and this constantly changing shape. The BlueChip picks seem to be indestructible, no discernible wear on it at all, and I've used it a lot (I've played more in the last 10 months than I've ever played before -probably).
I want to try one but don't know what to order.

I heard about them from Keith Williams at 5 Watt World

Fender 358 and Dunlop Tortex Jazz III, and a few fingers.

dIXKWGS.jpg

Fender heavy for the most part. I put some PRS 1.0mm "punch" picks on the Christmas list. We'll see if Santa comes through (wink).

I've been really liking these two gems from Bog Street. They are made in USA and are really durable. The hole in the middle helps with keeping my fingers on them, and they can be rotated to change the thickness depending if you want a harder pick or not in the middle of a song. They make all kinds of picks like these. I have a few different ones that I can use for both guitar and Bass

2z9bgma.jpg

I want to try one but don't know what to order.

I heard about them from Keith Williams at 5 Watt World
I went with the tear drop shape as it was the most standard pick shape. Unfortunately, to get blue chip picks in the UK they cost a fortune! I was really spoiling myself just buying 1 otherwise I might get a couple more. But they're not cheap to start with, then shipping costs, duty and tax on the entire cost of item+shipping. Well, a few picks and I could got a new guitar instead.

I've been using the John Petrucci Jazz iii for about 2 years now. I've ordered and waiting to receive some Dunlop Tortex Flow 1.35 and Dunlop Flow Andy James 2.0 to try something new. I feel like I want a bigger pick than the Petrucci's for heavy rhythm sometimes.

Back