What's your Pedal GAS?

Boogie

Zombie Two, DFZ
Enablers UNITE!:flute:

OK, we all have it...GAS. So what's killing you right now? What pedal is digging away at your brain, slowly eroding your rational wallet control and common sense? Post 'em up and share the pain! :D

First up, the Mojo Hand Rook. Yes, another dirt pedal, but the interesting thing about this demo video is that the guy is playing P-90s thru a Hi Watt combo and the results sound eerily close to my SE One thru the Super Dallas and the Kalamazoo. :blink: Scary close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now it is the Majik Box Rocket Fuel Doug Aldrich pedal and some kind of EQ pedal.

I am on a TC Electronic kick, so at this moment I have severje GAS pains for a Mojo Mojo Overdrive...

They hooked me hardcore when I picked up a Flashback X4. The honeymoon phase is over and I'm still convinced its the best Delay box I have ever played.

I think the Mojo Mojo will pair well with my Sweet 16 and take it right to the brink before crunch becomes distortion...

I have been hunting for the right modulation pedal forever it seems.

After a rotovibe which was too bulky and ate through the batteries, I had a Lovepedal vibe, which was cool, but way too extreme, and with only one knob there was no way to dial it back.

I briefly had a Line 6 M9 and it had this ring modulation setting that sounded soooooo cooool. However, the pedal itself didn't work for me with my size 14s, the buttons were too close together. I sing and play at the same time and need to be able to ballpark it.

So, then I bought a boss PH-3 phase shifter. Sounded great straight into the amp, but lousy in the FX loop which is where I would want to put it.

Still looking.

I have been hunting for the right modulation pedal forever it seems.

After a rotovibe which was too bulky and ate through the batteries, I had a Lovepedal vibe, which was cool, but way too extreme, and with only one knob there was no way to dial it back.

I briefly had a Line 6 M9 and it had this ring modulation setting that sounded soooooo cooool. However, the pedal itself didn't work for me with my size 14s, the buttons were too close together. I sing and play at the same time and need to be able to ballpark it.

So, then I bought a boss PH-3 phase shifter. Sounded great straight into the amp, but lousy in the FX loop which is where I would want to put it.

Still looking.

Have you tried the Strymon Mobius? I've had it for about a month and it is pretty incredible. Amazing chorus, rotary, and destroyer patches.
Here's a decent demo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1FLwzZVJj0

I'm pretty set but I'd like to have a Rotary Simulator of some sort - Strymond LEX is interesting but very pricey.

Of late, one of my "go to" Pedals - Keeley Mod Boss Blues Driver has gotten noisy, so I may replace it. I'm pretty interested in the Catalinbread "Dirty Little Secret III". Here's a good demo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I dig Andy's vids.
As of late, all of his vids have been guitar lessons and demoing the pedals they sell at Pro Guitar Shop.

I dig Andy's vids.
As of late, all of his vids have been guitar lessons and demoing the pedals they sell at Pro Guitar Shop.

And I'm LOVING those lessons. I always seem to pick up a detail or two from him - even if I knew the song. I've been playing "Rock and Roll" for a while. Learned it from the album - I'll be learning that "Live" Lick tonight! :D

Pretty interesting that they use a Fender DRRI as the baseline amp for all the demos! They shot one video of Andy standing by a Marshall rig while demoing the "DLS III" and there were a bunch of comments "big deal, pedal played thru a Marshall sounds like a Marshall" - then they pointed out that was just the VISUAL - the recorded track was DRRI! :D

I'm good (for the moment). I just got a G-System which has my fx and switching needs sorted.

It does have 3 fx loops in it though, and they encourage to try different pedals in there. Maybe later I'll try some boutiquey "enhancer" type pedals...

Back