What's your NGD Ritual Before It Arrives?

tabl10s

For me, I watch videos and read about it over and over and over until it lands on the doorstep. Once it does, I obsess about the next. It's supposed to arrive@12am and I hope to see it after work when I'll be half-assed awake.

I stay up for a few days looking at reviews, similar model and color choices, obsess over wether I'll like it and if I don't what the resale value is, and be on the same YouTube link over and over.
Obsessive enough? Hah

Well, Today I found myself researching specifics (bridge dimensions, pickups, wiring, fret wire, pot and cap values ) about my new gift coming some time next week. Debating on how I want to mod it using the specifics I found, and how to do it without having to mess with the wood, or doing as little modification to the body and neck as possible , lol.

My ritual is to think of a very good reason why a guitar would suddenly and without warning arrive at my door.

Last edited:
I usually look at the pics about 4000 times, watch youtube vids on said model, then cry my self to sleep each night til arrival.

I usually look at the pics about 4000 times, watch youtube vids on said model, then cry my self to sleep each night til arrival.

I was pretty much going to post this exact same thing. Sounds like me :D.

All of the above...I'm so glad I'm not alone on this one. In addition to the above, my phone home screen is one of the promo shots, my desktop background is a collage I made of some various promo shots of both colors. And I've watched the promo vid at least 100 times and also have a tab that automatically opens to a Google search for "Mark Holcomb PRS" any time I open my browser so I can check daily for new pics and videos I haven't seen before.

Obsess much?

EDIT: oh, and I have a list of songs I'm planning playing when I get it and I've actually rehearsed (in my head) the conversation I'll have when I get the call that it's being delivered.

Last edited:
Check to assure I have a have a strap ready to match to the newest bundle of joy...I have a few black straps, and that goes with any color. A new set of 10-46 s ready to install, expectations it will arrive needing a set up, for my particular favorite ( low action, straight neck) and being pleasantly surprised when it doesn't!! And look , and relook at the pictures!!!

Back