What's Your Favourite Color on your PRS', Pics Welcome

I wanted purple too. And I did get one but it was faded when I bought it. 1997 McCarty

kDLHmdt.jpg

That looks a lot like my first! '97 McCarty bought in '98........sold in 2000 :(

That’s one of a couple reasons I haven’t pulled the trigger yet....

Yours still looks great though!

Thanks! One of my old teachers had 6 PRSi at one point all 10 tops and the Purple Custom 24 he had is the one I saw that made me want a purple one. The original color is cool but I also like how the fading brings out the figuring a little more.

My HB which I believe was a custom order blue-green fade has faded too and that's why I'm hesitant to buy blue/green/purple guitars because the blue dye just doesn't hold up over time.

My all time favorite so far is White Tiger finish .
Good choice! Yes agree that’s a really nice color. If not for my leaning towards darker looks, I’d have nominated that!

The current iteration of White Tiger though, is slightly bluish and really more “Eye of the White Tiger” than “Fur of the White Tiger”.
h6XWE5F.jpg
white-bengal-tiger1-2.jpg

Good choice! Yes agree that’s a really nice color. If not for my leaning towards darker looks, I’d have nominated that!

The current iteration of White Tiger though, is slightly bluish and really more “Eye of the White Tiger” than “Fur of the White Tiger”.
h6XWE5F.jpg
white-bengal-tiger1-2.jpg
Nice guitar!! Nice kitty,

White Tiger is “bluish” indeed:

As opposed to Electric Whipped Cream (faded charcoal):

WOW! Those are sweet! Strange how some are blueish, I prefer the 2nd one. I I really like is high contrast black/white flame tops.

The PRS celtic knot is a great design. Very artistic! And it’s quite intricate, made of many small different pieces, certainly cannot be easy to inlay!

The PRS celtic knot is a great design. Very artistic! And it’s quite intricate, made of many small different pieces, certainly cannot be easy to inlay!

I'd love a PRS with Celtic Knots and its the only alternative to Birds as individual fret markers (the 3, 5, 7, 9, 12 etc) I would want. There are other inlays I'd be happy with but those are designs that are not limited to individual frets but cover the majority, if not the whole length of the Fretboard. The Tree of Life for example.

Inlay's do matter to me - I know they are only cosmetic and for many, are unnecessary as they rely on the side dots (if they need to). I have never liked Dots (or moons either as they look like dots from a distance) and I think a LOT of that has to be down to the number of guitars that have dots as well as the fact that 'cheap' and/or cheaper models in the range guitars used dots too. For example, Epiphone and Gibson used dots on their entry Les Pauls. I am sure this also affects how I feel about Bolt On necks too but that's a different topic. Its easy and cheap to do Dot inlays - just drill a hole and drop the inlay in. I know CNC has made it a LOT easier to do inlays these days but it was the Birds, the complexity of them compared to Dots and Blocks that basically all Electric guitars had when I first started looking at guitars. Seeing my first PRS and seeing the intricate bird inlays was why a Custom 24 became my 'ultimate' guitar. That has stuck with me for 30yrs or more and maybe why inlays matter. It also says 'PRS' where blocks/dots don't say anything and could be any brand.

I know Inlays aren't the be all and end all but if a brand is willing to go to the effort of intricate inlays and do them perfectly, then it said a lot about the quality, the craftsmanship and level of detail they are willing to go to. Less so nowadays with CNC but it was a good indicator of the craftsmanship. The Tele has to be the easiest and quickest guitar to make with little 'skill' and you don't need to be spot on with the neck angle either as you can put a shim underneath to correct the angle. I know the neck and fret work does require more skill but it was made, like the Strat, to be an affordable mass market guitar - the Ford Model T of the electric guitar world (not a criticism at all).

Back