What's Your Favourite Color on your PRS', Pics Welcome

It seems I like blues on a quilt.
Grass stained blue jean
CK_108BlueGrassBodyAAA.JPG

Bahamian Blue. A bit more to the green side.
CK_290TreeOfLifeBody.JPG

Angry Larry came out and I liked it so much I tracked one down years later with the specs I wanted.

This is a really difficult color to photograph. Here's the closest to it's true color but the light washes out the depth and blue/purple hues.
rVWYEmR.jpg
But I also like Purple (which my McCarty was at one time). And these colors I don't have:
Emerald
Solana Burst
Raspberry
Bonni Pink
Vintage Yellow that has faded

Last edited:
I'm with Mozzi!

513-6.JPG

RedGear2.JPG

Trio2.JPG
ScarletTrio2018-2.JPG
StudioBody2.JPG
PSHBfrontangle.JPG

I have to say, this a stunning collection!! A very interesting 513 and not expected with that type of Grain and your HBii looks great with a book matched top (and no doubt back too) and the semi-hollow has a nice top too.

Have you ever struggled to find a specific guitar in Red and either had to pick a 2nd choice option or go without that guitar?

My faves are Santana Yellow, Teal Black, Faded Blue Jean, Boyd's Burst, Vintage Yellow, Emerald.

Like Serg dislikes blue guitars, I have the same aversion to red ones.

I always loved autumn sky. Can't understand why they removed it from regular production.

Hard to beat Mother Nature

image.jpg

image.jpg

“Thou shalt not covet thy forum brothers guitar”

Man, this is sooooo hard. I flip flop daily. Lately, I've been loving Solana

ezZYXrw.jpg

But it's hard to argue with Bonnie Pink

UaUzgap.jpg

Then there's the Brown of a Dirty nature.

sUSxMNX.jpg

Then I waffle between Honey and Vintage Yellow

ibhRkjT.jpg

ZITxpVM.jpg

Can't forget about Livingston Lemon Drop

BSwoXbQ.jpg

Apparently, I'm a slut.....

The last one has to be called “Rosie”

@Mozzi I wonder if there is any story behind the loyalty to red...

Kind of, it was (and still is) my favourite colour and the colour of my favourite football (or Soccer as the US refer to it) team - a team I have followed for longer than I can actually remember. Its also why blue is a total no-no as that is the colour of my teams rivals. There are other reasons that I dislike Blue but one of the biggest is the association with the rivals to my favourite team.

Colour has significance - you wouldn't want to wear Orange in certain areas of Northern Ireland but it wouldn't be an issue in the Netherlands as that is their national colour and maybe more Orange guitars are sold there. I know that colour is associated with political parties - although not sure which colour is associated to which in the US but if you are a politician in the 'red' camp, you may not want to be seen wearing a blue tie or playing a blue guitar.

I don't think its an interesting story but its not just because its my favourite colour...

For crazy colors I really like dragons breath finishes, especially raspberry dragons breath. I really like river blue for a more normal color and to me vintage yellow can’t be beat for a classic PRS color. I was recently at CME and had to drag myself away from a 91 Custom 24 there in vintage yellow with a crazy maple top.

I always had a crush on Mateo blue PRS.

Recently I really appreciate some pictures of charcoal and Grey Black fade.

Unfortunately I buy 90% of time used gear, so my favorite color is the one I find :)

So currently we have :
Cherry Sun Burst (one of the finish I don't really appreciate, but I really like this one, more and more over the time)
ce6h.jpg

And McCarty burst (simple classy finish)
t8ah.jpg

Both are classics, they never get old ;)

While garnet to crimson and green colors rank very highly, I think you can guess from this pic...
Left frame is 2004 playing a Terry C. McInturff Glory Custom (surf blue) that I stupidly sold... Right frame is the Private Stock Experience 2012 (wide and narrow 408 pickups, faded abalone finish) I picked up used in mint condition that smokes the TCM Glory Custom by leaps and bounds. It makes me not miss that former guitar #1 at all anymore...

At least you kept the exact same guitar face. So that’s a plus!

Back