What's Your Favourite Color on your PRS', Pics Welcome

Rockmark

There's some wild ones out there. I tend to gravitate towards the naturals and mid to dark bursts that highlight the wood and grain. Some are just classic such as Faded Blue Jean on Me1's. Charcoals are nice but natural burl and buckeye can't be beat.:) How bout you?

My favorite is my Siggy

keKf0An.jpg

I think I have made it very clear as to what my favourite colour is...

My 2018 Custom 24

1xL88Ns.jpg

My 2018 Hollowbody II with Piezo & 1 piece Maple top and back
1Q2v5kW.jpg

My 2016 PRS McCarty 594

8sNcZH1.jpg

My 2017 PRS 509
BJ3Om6e.jpg

However, if I cannot get a PRS in Fire Red Burst, my 2nd choice is Charcoal Cherry Burst

My 2019 PRS Special 22 Semi-Hollow Limited Edition
BPJsCNH.jpg

Man, this is sooooo hard. I flip flop daily. Lately, I've been loving Solana

ezZYXrw.jpg

But it's hard to argue with Bonnie Pink

UaUzgap.jpg

Then there's the Brown of a Dirty nature.

sUSxMNX.jpg

Then I waffle between Honey and Vintage Yellow

ibhRkjT.jpg

ZITxpVM.jpg

Can't forget about Livingston Lemon Drop

BSwoXbQ.jpg

Apparently, I'm a slut.....

I love the darker colors so I’m gonna elect either Espresso or London Soot, the colors used in the early Collection Series guitars.

When it comes out right, one is an amazing blend of metallic brown and gold, the other ghostly opalescent whites against black. Pure wizardry!
8yZI1n2.png
mifD5jU.jpg
QCVFfWG.jpg
WzWZofn.png
CLZfAv9.jpg

For me it depends on the figure in the wood. I tend to prefer "happier" colors - yellow-based, orangey-red, blue-green. However, I am also a big fan of the old Scarlett Red. It's just classic.

Sometimes I kinda wish PRS would just take a break from all those artsie-fartsie weird finishes and just offer a few "normal" colors. Like, what if I just want a red guitar? Well, they don't make a red guitar. You know, like a normal, non-10 top, Custom 24-08 in RED. How hard can that be?
6e73ce34d80e12efe5f37f13f04b6fe07b275ae83a28c131339fdd388e89a69d_1024x1024.jpg

For me, it depends on the model. I don’t think there could be a more perfect finish for this guitar than Faded McCarty Burst. It’s timeless, it reflects the vintage character of the instrument, and it looks the business.

9jbLbz1.jpg

Similarly, tell me this Vintage Yellow doesn’t celebrate the history of PRS on the company’s 30th birthday. It’s righteous!

81aB0Cr.jpg

I can’t resist Black Gold on recent DC PRSes. It suits this model well.

TtHSCxL.jpg

And here we have the ultra-creative Northern Lights finish on a more modern, unusual PRS that sports a lot of whiz-bang stuff, like the pickups and the locking saddles; seems like the right choice for the guitar.

ptKq9zh.jpg

While garnet to crimson and green colors rank very highly, I think you can guess from this pic...
Left frame is 2004 playing a Terry C. McInturff Glory Custom (surf blue) that I stupidly sold... Right frame is the Private Stock Experience 2012 (wide and narrow 408 pickups, faded abalone finish) I picked up used in mint condition that smokes the TCM Glory Custom by leaps and bounds. It makes me not miss that former guitar #1 at all anymore...
66342588_10214748170401890_8428043620912726016_o.jpg

Back