Votes: 0 0.0%
  • chris robertson

• Allender

• tremonti

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
I actually really liked the Navarro model when it was around. All white Custom 24, gold hardware, maple neck and McCarty switching....such a great setup.

There are no PRS artist signature models that do anything for me over the regular models. But for signature guitars in general I'd really like a Dave Gilmour Black Strat or a Jimmy Page Les Paul. I suppose the Santana model is the closest thing PRS has to offer when it comes to iconic artists and their guitars.

Paul’s 28

This was for sale in England a while ago. I wish I'd made the effort to go see it before it sold. Probably more than I'd want to spend but I was intrigued.

Edit: plus the one video I can find of a Paul's 28 sounds pretty amazing.

154246607651372100.jpg

Last edited:
For me, it would be a toss up between the Paul's Guitar and the Brent Mason. Coming in at a close third would be the Johnny Hiland. I sold my Santana. I liked the neck, but the body was too "little" - reminded me too much of the Hamer's I played in the 90s. I'm debating putting the DGT on the block. Haven't decided because it's so pretty, lol.

What I like about the PG is that I can get a SWEET neck pickup single coil sound that cuts through the band on leads. That sound blends well with the bridge humbucker when the switch is in the middle, and the bridge pickup just sounds great no matter how it is set. I have a non-TCI PG and I like the "beefy" P90-like nature of the pickups when tapped.

The BM is like the perfect super-strat. This how I think of it....

I imagine the Brent Mason model as being the guitar Steve Vai would play if he was "normal". It has the HSH config, a GREAT trem system that stays in tune. The look is more subdued and conservative, and the tones are spectacular. I can do pretty much everything with that guitar.

If I just need a SIMPLE, straight-up, rock guitar that cuts through the mix and looks great doing it, it's the Johnny Hiland. I think it is funny how much this guitar rips considering it is supposed to be Tele-like. Maybe it's because I dig 50s Telecasters (which are little more aggressive) that this guitar is so cool for me. Also, my favorite pre-PRS pickup configuration - if I wasn't doing a single humbucker - was HS. The Hiland is HS with the tone pot down, so it reminds me a lot of my Custom Jackson PC-1 - mahogany body, figured maple top, fat bolt-on maple neck, maple fretboard, HS pickup config. I played that Jackson 15 years....

For me, it would be a toss up between the Paul's Guitar and the Brent Mason. Coming in at a close third would be the Johnny Hiland. I sold my Santana. I liked the neck, but the body was too "little" - reminded me too much of the Hamer's I played in the 90s. I'm debating putting the DGT on the block. Haven't decided because it's so pretty, lol.

Mark, what color is that? Let me know if you do decide to sell!

Back