• Total voters

pauloqs

PRS McCarty
Personally, right now I rank them as follow
  1. Pattern
  2. Pattern Vintage
  3. Pattern Regular
  4. Pattern Thin
The more I play Pattern Vintage, the more I like it, yet I don't know if time will make me like it even more than the Pattern.

I have four different PRS with four different neck carves. Honestly, picking a favourite isn’t something I put a lot of thought into.

Depends on the day. Sometimes I want a lot W/F. Sometimes I want W/T. Most of the time I just don't care.

DGT in a dead heat with Pattern Regular. Don’t get me wrong, I love my WF necks and won’t kick my WT out of bed either. But Vela and Mr. Clean are something else. :cool:

Normally it WF/Pattern for me, I also have Pattern Reg and DGT but the carve on the Silver Sky for that guitar is spectacular

Honestly, whatever is in my hands. I don’t even really know what neck is on what guitar at this point. If you held a gun to my head and made me pick what neck to use for a Terror Tour build, I’d say wide fat.

Pattern Vintage
Pattern / Wide Fat (tie)
Pattern Regular

I should like the Pattern Regular more, it’s my pernambuco neck. ;)

‘59 LP, but pattern and wide fat are nice, too.

Edit: I played this macassar ebony PATTERN neck last night. Man is it nice (fast and comfortable).

Last edited:
The new pattern vintage takes my vote. Close 2nd is wide fat.

Their 'Standard' profile, as in one of the choices for Cu24s prior to the current nomenclature. My '06 has it, and while I have other models with different necks that I like, that one is spot on for me. I believe the current equivalent (or very close) is the Pattern Regular or just Regular.

I have four different PRS with four different neck carves. Honestly, picking a favourite isn’t something I put a lot of thought into.

I have four different PRS with four different neck carves. Honestly, picking a favourite isn’t something I put a lot of thought into as well :)

I probably shouldn't be allowed to vote so I chose indifferent. I have two PRS guitars and don't know which neck each has. Nor can I tell any difference.

I'm pretty much neck agnostic - but the DGT is my favorite. Had it done on my PS - it just disappears in my hands.

I’m really liking the DGT neck, it’s like the Goldilocks of guitar necks....not too thick, not too thin...just right :)

I have never had or felt the DGT neck. Is this the only signature guitar with its own neck profile? What's the closest PRS Neck to a DGT neck?

I hear a LOT of people say they really love the DGT and a lot say the neck is a big reason for that...

I have never had or felt the DGT neck. Is this the only signature guitar with its own neck profile? What's the closest PRS Neck to a DGT neck?

I hear a LOT of people say they really love the DGT and a lot say the neck is a big reason for that...

To me, it feels close to a pattern regular (or the old regular carve). I've heard it described as between a regular and wide fat.

Back