Whats your favorite PRS/best of the herd??

It is very special: pernambuco.
THAT is special. Only in Paul et al’s minds could an endangered wood listed in CITES Appendix II and traditionally used for violin bows become a guitar neck.

Last edited:
Love it. How long have you had this one? And how did I not know about it or forget?

Since 2001(one owner, me), it originally was tortoise color but after more than a decade of use I had to get some work done, so while it was at the PTC I decided to refin to charcoal, it was only a couple hundred more than the work it needed so that worked out. Neck, weight, ergo profile, it's THE MOST comfortable gtr I've ever owned, and most versatile I own. I've also had the thing refretted by Gary Brawer, he did a stellar job, it plays so new right now I try not to bend notes as not to wear down the frets faster.:p

For me, it's my 1990 EG. I love the neck and the guitar is super resonant. I really dig the Rio Grande pickup set a previous owner installed. It's getting close to overdue for a fret dressing, but otherwise no current issues. I just worry about the neck pocket cracking as the wood is so thin there and the super-thin neck plate they used on the Series I has warped inward on the corners a bit.

I don't think I'll ever be able to do the finish justice with pictures but I keep trying!
nQWyTE1.jpg

Here's a video of it in action. It's just a phone recording but at the 2:25 mark I go a bit crazy on the tremolo and it holds tune beautifully.

Last edited:
Lively thread!

Here’s one of the favorites in my stable. Photos are from it’s time during production.
tXvktS7.jpg

H1guIOQ.jpg

In real life (What happens in Stevensville is fantasy):
ajhVy1kh.jpg

Look at this guitar upside down and you’ll see a goofy Yeti-Sasquatch with arms by the side relieving himself into the f-hole, staring right at you for invasion of privacy. I am grateful it only appears upside down.
You're getting a lot of love over this axe .................. and it's well deserved, it'd be my fav too.

Back