Whats your favorite PRS/best of the herd??

Although my SCF is pretty unique, I keep coming back to my trusty McRosie.
Of all his creations to me that's the quintessence of PRS and will stand the test of time.
Everybody needs a McCarty... but a McRosie... well that's just the upper region of heaven. Yours is a prime example!

It's between these two.
IMG_1876.jpg
What in the HECK is that on the left???? What do the extra controls do??? WoW!

I am down to two PRS guitars.

My McCarty 58 is the nicest guitar that I have ever owned, and I have owned a lot of guitars over the last 41 years. It is just an exceptional instrument.

However, I play my Mira Korina (Mira K) more than any PRS guitar that I have owned over the years. This guitar has a utilitarian vibe that makes playing it fun.

Last edited:
King Of The Ring. It's going to be tough to dethrone this one. I know I've probably posted too many pictures of this one by now :D.

31188659285_f9ffe64e2f_b.jpg

30381864483_7bc5ca579e_b.jpg
I keep dreaming about this one, Oh the top, the stain, the Gold lip MOP and the fact that it's a SC
just makes me tingly inside

Mine for the past 18 mos. or so has been this beauty from Brian's WL run of SH 408s, replete with a rosewood neck. Between the pickup switching system, and its semi-hollow resonance ringing through the F hole - there isn't much this guitar can't handle. I still think the 408s are the best (forward looking) thing Paul has done in 20 years. My CS Strat might have snuck in, but I don't think I played any of my other PRSi for about the first six months!
DSC_9062_zpsmgqkfppw.jpg

DSC_9074_zpsjvhzefau.jpg

DSC_9054-300x300_zpsuiumfisz.jpg

DSC_9066_zpsxlmz7upb.jpg

Mine for the past 18 mos. or so has been this beauty from Brian's WL run of SH 408s, replete with a rosewood neck. Between the pickup switching system, and its semi-hollow resonance ringing through the F hole - there isn't much this guitar can't handle. I still think the 408s are the best (forward looking) thing Paul has done in 20 years. My CS Strat might have snuck in, but I don't think I played any of my other PRSi for about the first six months!
DSC_9062_zpsmgqkfppw.jpg

DSC_9074_zpsjvhzefau.jpg

DSC_9066_zpsxlmz7upb.jpg

That is one hot specimen! Love that top!

DSC_9062_zpsmgqkfppw.jpg

DSC_9074_zpsjvhzefau.jpg

DSC_9066_zpsxlmz7upb.jpg

sofaking Bangin'!

I have many and don't even know where to begin. Out of the box stock type guitar my favorite all time is the PRS modern Eagle II. Best production guitar for the money PRS has ever made IMO.

I'd like to see some more of these :rolleyes: anyone else wanna snap some pics o_O?

So far, my 2012 DGT is at the forefront but I hope to add a Core-Tremonti in the near future.
Woah, mommy! That is a beautiful guitar! And personally, my favorite PRS is whatever one I have in my hands at the moment, excepting my EGII.

Last edited:
Woah, mommy! That is a beautiful guitar! And personally, my favorite PRS is whatever one I have in my hands at the moment, excepting my EGII.

I'm with you on the whichever one I have my hands on comment. I recently moved the 3 PRS instruments that I could live without from my collection... It was hard but I love the other ones more and these instruments deserve to be played so off they went to someone who will be crazy about them. What remains in my collection are absolute keepers.

The remaining ones are all favorites but if I were forced to chose only 1, I'd pick my red Korina McCarty. It was the first core model that I ever played and its Brazilian board changed my life. You know how sometimes you pick up a guitar and everything about it just feels right? Thats how it was. The neck was perfect, it was lightweight, the sound was perfectly clear, bright, and balanced...and it was beautiful. I've since acquired more 'core' guitars and guitars that get played more often because of their bright tone (i.e.Custom 24) but that Korina will always be my favorite PRS.

King Of The Ring. It's going to be tough to dethrone this one for me. I know I've probably posted too many pictures of this one by now :D.

31188659285_f9ffe64e2f_b.jpg

30381864483_7bc5ca579e_b.jpg
I never get enough of ogling this warrior in desert fade fatigue

Awesome in every detail.

Back