Whats your favorite PRS/best of the herd??

Hmmmm.. this one doesn’t have an etched TRC, just 245. The only thing I’m struggling with are the looks. It’s not ugly by any means, I’ve just never been geeked by sunburst or J-birds, and I’m getting to the point where I think I only have a few guitars left in me.

Make them count!:D

My TRC is in-etched too, and the previous owner pulled the signed control plate. Cool about the looks - if it doesn't speak to you, then it doesn't speak, lol. I have been there. That's what was funny about me grabbing the Santana. I was never really into them, but that BC Santana III just hit me in the gut. The pull to own it was undeniable - even though it had the HORRIFIC HFS/VB combo!! So I totally feel you there.

Also, I am about done with guitars too. I mentioned it when I posted the family shot, but looking at all those beautiful guitars hit me in a way that was really negative. I am beginning to sell off the ones I NEVER touch. The green MC-58 is already gone. The blue SC250 is next on the block. It's just time (for me) to stop spending the crazy money on instruments....I can retire in 10 years @ 54, and I want to do so where I don't HAVE to work. I am pretty close now, so I am changing priorities.

Yeah, but then I think of the pile of guitars I have that won me over even though I wasn’t drooling over the looks: green Santana, HB spruce, DC3, Mira...

It may be just what I need. 57/08’s, 245 scale, nitro, cheap. That’s four in the positive column and only two in the negative, and they’re not really negative either, just not terribly inspiring.

Plus it’s not really cool of me to be waiting for bodia to die so I can buy his Ted.:oops:

For the time being, this is mine. Got me wanting to grab another 594, possibly a doublecut this time. Going to have to shed a couple others to swing it, but I'm just digging this one so much I think it'll be worth it.
GAmhjni.jpg
Marvellous!

That green MC-58 is one of the top 3 most beautiful guitars I have seen on this forum. Can’t believe you sold that one! I would have done things to it I can’t describe on a family friendly forum...

Believe me, it WAS a struggle. It was the prettiest guitar I ever owned - but I am a player. I took that out on a few shows and it just didn't have the feel that inspired me to go to the "next" level with my performance. I am not saying it didn't play like a PRS, it just didn't take me to an existential place when on stage. Not sure what it was "missing" because it PERFECTLY adhered to my "formula" of 22 frets and 57/08s. I had a Ted DC245 and it was the same thing - gorgeous, but just wasn't happening when on stage. It's a pity, really, because it was SUCH a looker. Even my wife was like, "Why?!"

It’s funny, but one would think after playing all these different configurations, it would be easy to say this wood is superior to that wood.. However, what makes this a bit muddy is that each guitar is a sum of its parts. But, I can tell you that this one works. It feels great in my hands and sounds incredible. And a big part of that is the neck. It is very smooth like BRW and the guitar sounds great. And on top of that, it’s a looker.

I was at the Experience one year and was scheduled for a trip to the Vault. This neck blank was on display at the wood samples table.

Regarding the 58/15s: I just placed an order for a new PS. I gathered my SCs and listened to 57/08s, 59/09s, 58/15s, and 58/15LTs. It came down to 59/09s or 58/15s, and the reason I chose the 58/15s was because they sounded so good in this guitar; the right amount of bite and sustain.
I hear you :)

I originally had 58/15 regular pickups on my build, but after acquiring your ME SCT, switched to 59/09s and haven’t regretted it. Originally had 59/09 on a C24 Exp Ltd model and found them too harsh. So agree that the combination matters with the pickup choices!

Impossible. Picking a best of herd is like picking your favorite child.

If the house was on fire and I could only grab one, it would probably be the Signature Limited, no wait, the burl Custom 22, no wait, the purple Studio, no, wait...nevermind.

Impossible. Picking a best of herd is like picking your favorite child.

If the house was on fire and I could only grab one, it would probably be the Signature Limited, no wait, the burl Custom 22, no wait, the purple Studio, no, wait...nevermind.

Truth!

Back