Whats your favorite PRS/best of the herd??

Russ73

I have a Core. S2s and SEs,,,,and although my Custom 22 has the best pups my S2 satin 22 standard is the best playing guitar I have in the PRS stable. the satin neck and the perfect action and feel accomplished with the right amount of snap and low end this is my favorite PRS! You??

I have a few so it really depends on which day I'm asked but for the past few weeks it's been the 59/09....

5909_chair3_zps5c2b1cc4.jpg

Well, between my ce 24 and my ce 24...ima go with the ce 24.

Ha - I have one of he new RL's, a 2016, and had an SE custom 24. Of the 3 I like the RL the best for its uniqueness, and the fact that it's semi hollow.

Hands down my HB II.
My dream guitar. Honestly had been thinking about selling my whole herd for one! I don't currently play out - and more of a hobbyist - so really have no business with that much of a guitar (he'll really have no business with what I have now) but one can dream!

At practice the other night it hit me. I didn't have a "favorite" yet - but as I played this guitar I realized THIS SC250 Artist with Seymour Duncan Saturday Night Special pickups is my favorite. It never goes out of tune. It is toneful. It is tough - I didn't even put it in the case the other night - I just put it in the front set of the car and drove to practice. It was still in tune when I arrived at the studio. It is beautiful - everyone that sees it LOVES it.

SC250_zpsmonfznpm.jpg

SC250%20close%202_zpsvvvhdvfm.jpg

SC250%20head_zpsfimilcry.jpg

The headstock alone is worth the price of admission.
At practice the other night it hit me. I didn't have a "favorite" yet - but as I played this guitar I realized THIS SC250 Artist with Seymour Duncan Saturday Night Special pickups is my favorite. It never goes out of tune. It is toneful. It is tough - I didn't even put it in the case the other night - I just put it in the front set of the car and drove to practice. It was still in tune when I arrived at the studio. It is beautiful - everyone that sees it LOVES it.

SC250_zpsmonfznpm.jpg

SC250%20close%202_zpsvvvhdvfm.jpg

SC250%20head_zpsfimilcry.jpg

My dream guitar. Honestly had been thinking about selling my whole herd for one! I don't currently play out - and more of a hobbyist - so really have no business with that much of a guitar (he'll really have no business with what I have now) but one can dream!
Don't shoot yourself short, if you went for one it would probably be the one that makes the others collect dust.
I only record, write songs with it and gig only once in a blue moon at jazz spots, so you can call me a hobbyist too.
No reason to deny yourself the love & rapture that is an HB II.;)

At the moment, the favorite in my herd is a '96 CE24. The guitar really balances out well tonal wise between the woods used and the VB/HFS pups in it. The neck is perfect for my hand and the guitar just sings.

Now I'm not saying that I don't like my other PRSi. I do and they all get a lot of play time. But for a main guitar, the '96 is it for me.

I've been gigging exclusively with my PRS Studio since I bought it in 2011. Incredibly versatile guitar, does everything I want and need.
However, my favourite PRS is my Artist V.
My next favourite is "the one that got away.":(

My Avatar Guitar, Prototype SC 594 from the Private Stock team. Best guitar I have ever owned, has been my favorite since arriving in October of 2016.

IMG_0032_zpssjsrs2bt.jpg

Extra special because from what I am told it is the very first SC 594. Cool!

IMG_0043_zpsjbievs75.jpg

Also it has a really cool "Semi-Gloss" Nitro finish, which gives it a really vintage and worn in feel. I have never heard of this finish before anywhere, but I dig it, I like it so much that I spec'ed another SC 594 with this finish.

It came with the 5815 LT's in it. I tried ThroBak Peter Green's in there, and regular 5815's. Both were great, but I went back to 5815 LT's, this time a set with Gold Screws to better match the Hybrid Hardware look, and it sounds amazing, just perfect. These LT's match this model really well, vintage PAF classic Singlecut tones!!

Private Stock Singlecut Archtop

...or maybe the SC-J...

...or maybe one of my many 24/7s...

(head explodes)

Reactions: Tag
I've got a few, and many have some sentimental meaning with them, but the winner, hands down, is the DGT. For me, that is the perfect electric guitar. I've got three of them, and while each qualify for this statement, the '09 with moons is the undisputed champion.

The headstock alone is worth the price of admission.

Thanks man!!! Yeah, while I bought this guitar used - it was the Madagascar Ebony fretboard/head overlay that sealed the deal, lol!!

There are SO many awesome guitars in this thread that my GAS is never calmed for long, lol....

Back