What's your Deal breaker?

sergiodeblanc

I found a great deal on a local SE Soapbar II that would fill the gap I presently have for a "single-coil-ish" guitar, but it's blue.
I could always refinish it, as I do enjoy a fun project, but I decided to step away because I knew that whatever I did it would always be a blue guitar in my mind.

What is your irrational "deal breaker"?, do you have one?

Birds - it either has to have birds or an inlay free board. I don't enjoy dots :(

Can't think of anything irrational when it comes to PRS's... I love the birds but I wouldn't turn my nose up at moons or plain dots.

I wouldn't buy a Strat with a rosewood board though. Has to be maple.

3 Mike, forgive me but 7 strings.. It just never feels right to me ...

Hey, no offense taken! The reason I am the 7 string guy is not because its what I play exclusively, but becuase I was so bummed that people I knew were spending thousands for seven string guitars when they would have preferred a PRS. So basically I wanted my friends to be happy and the company I love to get customers in a market where their presence was needed!

The SE-7 is a great step in that direction, but we need a Maryland made one down the road that is less work than cutting a 12 string in half ;)

Last edited:
Colours that aren't "me". I picked up a 2nd hand 513 at a good price, they're rare down here and I just had to have it. I didn't dig the colour, but loved everything else about it. After a while I just couldn't deal with the colour anymore and sold it to fund a 513 in a colour that I did get along with. In hindsight, I should have never have got the guitar but I was drunk on GAS. Not even sure what colour this is, they said Blue Matteo but it looks more green than blue to me!

IMG_1198.jpg

I'm hooked on PRSes and don't really know of any sure deal breaker. I recently found a hell of a deal on a Custom 24 SE without birds (which i prefer) and not a color I really cared for. I have no regret at all on picking this up.

Of course after my last post I started thinking about what if I was buying one new. For me I think it would have to have birds and a color I loved.

24 frets...those first two frets just feel like they are so far away.

Back