What's one thing you LOVE about PRS that you haven't found in any other brand?

AlexBohlin

Personally, I love the customization options. You could literally build whatever you want, albeit pricey, but nonetheless, you could get the guitar of your dreams. There's such a wide variety of electronics options, choosing from any of their humbuckers or the narrowfield or soapbars, and you can get cool ass switches for coil splitting/tapping, and the biggest plus of them all: The finishes. I mean, you won't find these tops on a Gibson or a Fender, and the color options... As a person who loves to be creative, and who's spent most of his life sitting with a pen and paper ready at hand at all times, PRS is really the only option.

My only problem with PRS is that I can never decide what to go for. I know that whatever I pick out, I'll want another one soon enough. CE24, HB Piezo, S2, Studio... So many great options, such an empty wallet! :((I'm not shitting on their prices though, I think the price suits more than enough compared to the quality of the instrument you receive)

What do YOU love about PRS? :D

I had been fascinated by the beauty of PRS products for decades but never purchased one based on my limited guitar skills not justifying the price. I will admit that initially beauty was the largest influence in me purchasing my first in Feb '21. After receiving that first PRS on Feb 10 and playing it, I fell in love the craftsmanship, play-ability and tone so much that on Feb 26 I purchased a second one. On March 9, I purchased my third. I don't see it stopping (PRS acquisition) because these are phenomenal instruments in every way. I believe I can now play better than I could before due to the precision construction/design, and these git fiddles have motivated me to play more, which of course builds skills. Now I just need to earn more funding to grow my collection of these high quality, beautiful sounding works of art! Goodbye other disposable income candidates!!!

I like how they’ve been able to create a “vintage” flavor into the PRS brand.

it’s not a vintage shape, totally original. It’s not a vintage headstock, again totally original. But they stand up well to the classic Fender/Gibson/Gretsch guitars.

I hate how just about everything is flamed now though.

I had been fascinated by the beauty of PRS products for decades but never purchased one based on my limited guitar skills not justifying the price. I will admit that initially beauty was the largest influence in me purchasing my first in Feb '21. After receiving that first PRS on Feb 10 and playing it, I fell in love the craftsmanship, play-ability and tone so much that on Feb 26 I purchased a second one. On March 9, I purchased my third. I don't see it stopping (PRS acquisition) because these are phenomenal instruments in every way. I believe I can now play better than I could before due to the precision construction/design, and these git fiddles have motivated me to play more, which of course builds skills. Now I just need to earn more funding to grow my collection of these high quality, beautiful sounding works of art! Goodbye other disposable income candidates!!!

That's amazing! I totally get you with the entire "I'm not good enough for a guitar this pricey", but I've come to discover that the more you love your guitar, the more you play, the better you become (of course). So if you find a PRS that you love, that price tag will be worth it, because if given time, you'll soon be so much better. For me, just thinking about what PRS I long to get is enough for me to wanna improve. It's like, I'm thinking of how good I need to be in order to get this guitar (sort of contradicting what I just said, but anyways :p), but that's just so that I won't feel bad for spending thousands on a guitar :D

I like how they’ve been able to create a “vintage” flavor into the PRS brand.

it’s not a vintage shape, totally original. It’s not a vintage headstock, again totally original. But they stand up well to the classic Fender/Gibson/Gretsch guitars.

I hate how just about everything is flamed now though.

Personally, I'm a big sucker for the flamed tops, mainly because I never knew about such beautiful tops before I discovered PRS. But I get what you mean. Most of their highest end guitars have a figured top of some sort, while mostly, only their lower end SE's have natural wood tops. (don't quote me one that, though, I'm sure there are high end ones too, just doesn't appear as frequently)

Best combination of top-notch quality--and consistency of that quality--amazing looks, and good design ideas that are well-executed... Oh, and they actually sound as good or better than any of those ridiculously expensive vintage instruments are supposed to sound (and sometimes don't themselves).

I'd say that about does it. [Oh, wait, you said, "What's one thing..." Whoops!]

I like how they support this forum for the sharing of information be it good, bad or ugly. And that they put up with our antics (for the most part). I also like this group of enthusiests are a tight knit family of brothers and sisters (For the most part). Yeah, there are a few i would classify as bat Shite crazy uncles, (not naming names):rolleyes:, but I like it here.:D

And the Guitars are just crazy good.:cool:

That's amazing! I totally get you with the entire "I'm not good enough for a guitar this pricey", but I've come to discover that the more you love your guitar, the more you play, the better you become (of course). So if you find a PRS that you love, that price tag will be worth it, because if given time, you'll soon be so much better. For me, just thinking about what PRS I long to get is enough for me to wanna improve. It's like, I'm thinking of how good I need to be in order to get this guitar (sort of contradicting what I just said, but anyways :p), but that's just so that I won't feel bad for spending thousands on a guitar :D
I am thinking my next step is, I am going to start buying some SE models (used and/or new) so I can figure out what I want to spend a big chunk on next. The 3 I acquired so quickly were done for very specific reasons, and I will keep them the rest of my life, but I now need to play the field a bit to find what my next PS will be ;~)) There is no authorized PRS dealer anywhere close to me (and only one guitar store these days), and I am not traveling to find a guitar in our current world, so ordering some SE's, and selling them after I demo them is the only choice I can think of. Sucks to have to go that route, but life is what it is ;~)) On my SE hit list are Santana, McCarty 594, Paul's and maybe a Tremonti or 245 to test the single cut waters. And a Vela, really want to try a Vela!

Last edited:
I am thinking my next step is, I am going to start buying some SE models (used and/or new) so I can figure out what I want to spend a big chunk on next. The 3 I acquired so quickly were done for very specific reasons, and I will keep them the rest of my life, but I now need to play the field a bit to find what my next PS will be ;~)) There is no authorized PRS dealer anywhere close to me (and only one guitar store these days), and I am not traveling to find a guitar in our current world, so ordering some SE's, and selling them after I demo them is the only choice I can think of. Sucks to have to go that route, but life is what it is ;~)) On my SE hit list are Santana, McCarty 594, Paul's and maybe a Tremonti or 245 to test the single cut waters. And a Vela, really want to try a Vela!

DO NOT TRY THE VELA..................., You’ll go blind

Back