Pork loin roast. Man, this was yummy. Marinated overnight with:
Diced Onion
Minced Garlic
Bottle of Belgian Ale
Caraway Seeds
Honey
Dijon Mustard
Dried Thyme

Out of the marinade, rubbed down with St Elmos seasoning, and then into a roasting pan with the onions and garlic from the marinade.
On the Traeger, at 350, for an hour. Meanwhile, I reduced the liquid from the marinade by half, until it got nice and thick. Poured that over the pork and let it go for another hour.

Plated with some of the onions/garlic over the top with a side of 4 cheese/roasted garlic mashed 'taters. This will be my standard pork recipe going forward!

I forgot to take pics while it was on the Traeger............

usWgv99.jpg

8wT0t5Z.jpg

o1qJVT6.jpg
Nicely done. Pork loin is a winner for sure!

and you’re dumping belgian ale on whate meate! halp

I admit I had a moment when I saw that

I feel you guys. It's not like I used a bottle of Duvel or Westmalle Tripel. For the record, it was a bottle of A Tout Le Monde - Megadeth Beer. A Belgian Style Saison.

CP, is this you??? Did you ever have one of those times, when you talked to someone for a long time without ever seeing them? Maybe business associate in another office or something. So over time, you form this mental image of them. What you "expect" them to look like. And then you finally get the chance to see a picture of them and they are EXACTLY what you expected!!!!!!!!!! I mean DEAD ON!

The chicken looks fake though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was the shot taken into the mirror that gave the impression that it was a self portrait, especially when you talked about the dress being homemade and you doing the haircut.

true, a poor choice of photo, but it was the only shot with the mask. please invite me to supper anyhow. what do they eat in the southwest?

This thread is going in so many directions that I absolutely love...

My apologies for equating "smoker" with my BGE, but I just ordered a PSWoo and pizza stone from Ceramic Grill Store in TX (no affiliation) and I've got some NY-style pizza dough in the fridge. Thursday will be pizza on the grill night if the stuff arrives and it isn't raining here in Pennsylvania. Can't wait!

This thread is going in so many directions that I absolutely love...

My apologies for equating "smoker" with my BGE, but I just ordered a PSWoo and pizza stone from Ceramic Grill Store in TX (no affiliation) and I've got some NY-style pizza dough in the fridge. Thursday will be pizza on the grill night if the stuff arrives and it isn't raining here in Pennsylvania. Can't wait!

my medium egg is in a storage garage, across town, with a bag of hardwood coal. there is no substitute.

true, a poor choice of photo, but it was the only shot with the mask. please invite me to supper anyhow. what do they eat in the southwest?
what photo? I don't see one even in Alnus' post. You guys ain't doing those voodoo photos again, are you?

Back