Whats on the smoker today?

This was actually last weekend's job. What can I say? I'm slow. Here's some smoked steelhead salmon, I use a recipe that brines it in water, salt, brown sugar, maple syrup and spiced rum. My wife and I both like it smoky and salty, so this is not a glossy soft tender salmon, it's got some chew to it. Some of the subtler flavors got lost in this batch. Ah well. It's still good eatin'!

smoked-steelhead.png

This was actually last weekend's job. What can I say? I'm slow. Here's some smoked steelhead salmon, I use a recipe that brines it in water, salt, brown sugar, maple syrup and spiced rum. My wife and I both like it smoky and salty, so this is not a glossy soft tender salmon, it's got some chew to it. Some of the subtler flavors got lost in this batch. Ah well. It's still good eatin'!

smoked-steelhead.png
Love it...
I'm known locally as Salmon Dave, but... not for the obvious...

I’m making grass fed ribeyes and slow cooked chuck roast tonight!

I don’t own a smoker but its on the list of requirements that any potential boyfriend MUST have....if they can’t shoot a .40 S&W without flinching or don’t know how to grill then they need not submit an application.

I'm trying to figure out how to use up some russet potatoes and green beans this evening. Logic leads me to some sort of grilled meat but the kids hate grilled meats because they're from other planet or something. I don't know what the hell to do.

I’m making grass fed ribeyes and slow cooked chuck roast tonight!

I don’t own a smoker but its on the list of requirements that any potential boyfriend MUST have....if they can’t shoot a .40 S&W without flinching or don’t know how to grill then they need not submit an application.

Genuine laugh! Thanks for keeping the humour going.

Hope you’re well and staying safe.

Have a brisket in the fridge ready to go on the Traeger first thing tomorrow morning... Isolation = eating more meat and playing more guitar than I'm usually aloud... I can get used to this
2FF5Yv8

Last edited:
The local weather forecast said rain today and tomorrow, so it may be necessary to do a low and slow BBQ indoors in the oven...yep, that's right...a 225-250°F (107-121° C) cook indoors with smoker box inside the oven...just hoping the apartment smoke alarm doesn't trigger while doing this...yeah, living on the edge here...

Have accomplished this on several occasions in the past...just requires using a foil-lined/covered rimmed baking sheet, some cooking spray, and the chicken thighs...(which will be prepped with an Asian marinade) and finished with BBQ sauce (with foil cover removed for the last 10-15 minutes of cook time) ...mebbe a brief 4 to 5 minute broil to crisp things up...

Last edited:
Back