Whats on the smoker today?

Dug out the smoker today. Being in Canada, using the smoker year round is not always an option. Going do a beef roast. Anyone else got theirs out? If so what’s on?
My smoker died last year. Instead of getting another, I splurged on a Traeger. Best decision, ever! Porterhouse last night. Gonna snow here (Chicago) tonight, so it’ll be enchiladas in the oven.

Would love to add to this in a positive light...used to own a Weber Performer Charcoal Smoker/Grill until last year...apartment management put the kibosh on it, stating that open-flame charcoal was not covered by their insurance policy, but nowhere in my apartment lease did it state charcoal grills were in violation of lease policy...argh.

That being said, my Weber propane grill is not in violation of apartment policy...so that remains...did some maintenance and cleaned up the inside and ports...grilled a pork chop several weeks back when the weather warmed up into the low 70's end of February...today it's still a little cool for grilling/smoking meats...will try to set-up my rotisserie and do some low/slow soon...mebbe a roast or some poultry (soon as the grocers have 'em back in stock..:oops::rolleyes:)

not trying to get another thread locked, but let me get this straight: ketchup on a hot dog is a venial sin but cocktail sauce on steak is a chicago thing?
Ketchup is definitely a no go on a hot dog. At least in Chicago.

No cocktail sauce on a steak. That’s just gross. We had cocktail sauce with the shrimp as an appetizer. St Elmos also make a horseradish sauce. That’s what went on the steak. It’s like eating a golf ball sized chunk of wasabi.

Haven’t smoked on my Big Green Egg this weekend, but last weekend my in laws were staying, and I did NY strips Friday, baby back ribs Saturday, and corned beef and cabbage (and potatoes) in cast iron over the coals on Sunday. It was a good weekend!

My parents got back from the Caribbean recently and my mom has a mild illness, but once their self quarantine is through, my dad has requested a brisket. Gotta do what I’ve gotta do!!!

Anniversary tonight, but no traditional dinner on the town. Doing ribeyes and baked potatoes on the grill. We also delved into a first attempt at Bob Ross style painting tonight. May I be the first to inform you, it ain't as easy as Bob made it look all those years. But it was fun to give it a shot with my best friend of many years. :) Now, on to the steaks!

Anniversary tonight, but no traditional dinner on the town. Doing ribeyes and baked potatoes on the grill. We also delved into a first attempt at Bob Ross style painting tonight. May I be the first to inform you, it ain't as easy as Bob made it look all those years. But it was fun to give it a shot with my best friend of many years. :) Now, on to the steaks!
All the best, and don't paint the steaks!

Haven’t smoked on my Big Green Egg this weekend, but last weekend my in laws were staying, and I did NY strips Friday, baby back ribs Saturday, and corned beef and cabbage (and potatoes) in cast iron over the coals on Sunday. It was a good weekend!

My parents got back from the Caribbean recently and my mom has a mild illness, but once their self quarantine is through, my dad has requested a brisket. Gotta do what I’ve gotta do!!!
On the way!

Back