What's even bettern than an Archon?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5962

A new improved Archon. Thanks to my friend Elvis for the beautiful faceplate for the Archon. I'm sorry it took so long to get pics up. I was part of the Photosuckit mess and my pics were all screwed up for weeks. Finally opened a Flickr account and am still figuring it out. Hope this works. It looks GREAT!!!!!
Thanks Elvis and Bodia!!

36916114722_e77a05ced7_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A new improved Archon. Thanks to my friend Elvis for the beautiful faceplate for the Archon. I'm sorry it took so long to get pics up. I was part of the Photosuckit mess and my pics were all screwed up for weeks. Finally opened a Flickr account and am still figuring it out. Hope this works. It looks GREAT!!!!!
Thanks Elvis and Bodia!!

36916114722_e77a05ced7_o.jpg

Looks hawt!

Subjective. I like it better because it has less knobs. Being the simpleton that I am, I get confused and intimidated by all those options :p
Said the guy who followed that purchase with a Kemper! :p (J/K!)

I thought all the knobs and switches were great. Seemingly offered every tone you could want. Honestly, it's a great amp. It takes some work to get great tones out of it though. While I don't "have to" it seems like I'm always messing with it. Change guitars, need to start re-dialing. Have a good tone but think it could be a little better... more dialing. The Archon is simple. Turn it on and it sounds great! If you want more or less of something you turn that knob and get exactly what you want. Turning the treble knob doesn't affect the bass, or the gain. Etc... I could offer a long detailed comparison but it would be a long post and I'm sure nobody wants to read any more of my rambling on than they have too :rolleyes::).

Said the guy who followed that purchase with a Kemper! :p (J/K!)

I thought all the knobs and switches were great. Seemingly offered every tone you could want. Honestly, it's a great amp. It takes some work to get great tones out of it though. While I don't "have to" it seems like I'm always messing with it. Change guitars, need to start re-dialing. Have a good tone but think it could be a little better... more dialing. The Archon is simple. Turn it on and it sounds great! If you want more or less of something you turn that knob and get exactly what you want. Turning the treble knob doesn't affect the bass, or the gain. Etc... I could offer a long detailed comparison but it would be a long post and I'm sure nobody wants to read any more of my rambling on than they have too :rolleyes::).

I thought the answer to the original post was "Two Archons" or "An Archon and an HXDA" etc.

But the faceplate looks super-nice, too. :)

Not yet, but I like the way you think!

And thanks. It really does dress it up.

Two Archons would be awesome. Stereo.... AWESOME! I need to sell some stuff. That purple/tan combo is still for sale locally but I don't have enough trade bait to swing a trade. Need some cash with it. Hopefully he has it in a few weeks.

Back