What's Coming in 2021?

Saw Herman Li in the promo, his sig gonna happen?

He spoke about this on one of his recent Twitch streams after I asked him about it. He said that at the moment he is still a 'free' agent and doesn't have any endorsement with any brand. Whilst he isn't able to gig, he said that he doesn't really need a that and can be free to play any brands guitar on his twitch channel, not be contractually limited to playing only one brand.

It does seem as though he is happy with the PRS made guitar as he does use it quite a lot and its certainly a very interesting guitar that I am sure many would love to see. I guess we should hope that things get back to relative normality and Dragonforce can get back to touring so that he may need that support from a brand and that brand then also making a signature model to sell to others.

What I would like to see from PRS is not necessarily a 'new' model in the range, but a new PRS designed locking trem system. Something that takes the principals and range of the Floyd Rose but improves on it. Makes it easier to replace strings, intonate, radius the saddles etc and returns to pitch better. Its not something that I desperately want to see, I just want to see what Paul would come up with and whether or not they could improve on it - its also perhaps something that would also help to convince Herman (and maybe a few other guitarists) to jump ship and join PRS...

He spoke about this on one of his recent Twitch streams after I asked him about it. He said that at the moment he is still a 'free' agent and doesn't have any endorsement with any brand. Whilst he isn't able to gig, he said that he doesn't really need a that and can be free to play any brands guitar on his twitch channel, not be contractually limited to playing only one brand.

I'm obviously not privy to PRS's endorsement deals, but I don't recall anyone being required to be monogamous. I've seen David Grissom play some different brands on ACL, I've seen Davy Knowles play different brands on stage (he doesn't have a sig model, but he was part of the group that endorsed a model a few years ago).

...and here I thought my PRS habit was expensive. Perhaps I should count my blessings that I'll never be a Ferrari owner. No disrespect to the cars, I just cannot afford one, and even if I could, I'm pretty sure I'd buy something else instead.

True. Unless a hundred thousand dollars is just a dime to me, I wouldn't be saying that.

I'm obviously not privy to PRS's endorsement deals, but I don't recall anyone being required to be monogamous. I've seen David Grissom play some different brands on ACL, I've seen Davy Knowles play different brands on stage (he doesn't have a sig model, but he was part of the group that endorsed a model a few years ago).

Just stating what Herman Li was saying...

...and here I thought my PRS habit was expensive. Perhaps I should count my blessings that I'll never be a Ferrari owner. No disrespect to the cars, I just cannot afford one, and even if I could, I'm pretty sure I'd buy something else instead.

Ha, not me. Ferrari has always been my dream car. If I was rich, I'd have one.

A new guitar model collaboration between PRSh and HANGAR18 which will be called a PRS Model 5 and look very much like a Flying V.

Today I went to a PRS Private Stock dealer and I asked THE question which was taboo to ask. But it did it. I asked.
I am now waiting for an official answer.
Will PRS build me one, or will they say no?

Back