What's better than a NGD?????

Hell to the yeah! Sweet story man, put a smile on my face. That gives entirely new meaning to reclaimed wood, haha.

"Yellow makes me sad."

... said no one ever. Hold my beer!

gJwGfpV.png

(SY)

Hell to the yeah! Sweet story man, put a smile on my face. That gives entirely new meaning to reclaimed wood, haha.

... said no one ever. Hold my beer!

gJwGfpV.png

(SY)
OK, yeah, that is exactly the kind of yellow I am looking for! Is that VY, Honey, or some other "yellow"?

And yes, I believe Les's 30th Anniv is also right down the same alley.

Ideally, I'd like a Paul's Guitar in that finish - I think it works well with the pup size, etc. And yes, there are some out there, I just don't have ready cash (I believe I mentioned my AC needing some repairs in a different thread...). But none as nice as that top above!

See for yourself. I'd take them out in the sun, but we haven't seen any sun in a few days. So, you get the florescent lights in the basement. Sitting next to each other on the couch, they look pretty close. Under the light a bit more, and the Honey is definitely more yellow. The VY has much more brown in it.

As for that yellow you're looking for. I'd reach out to Les and Flux. They each have a Cu24 that I believe is exactly what you are looking for. Les' I know is a 30th Anny, but I am not sure that Flux's is.

Sorry for the more blurry than usual pic. Dog bumped into me when I was snapping it.

5AkDjeM.jpg

RSdLe91.jpg
OK, so the one on the left, Honey, definitely looks more like the yellow I am looking for.

First, sweet guitar, B!

OK, yeah, that is exactly the kind of yellow I am looking for! Is that VY, Honey, or some other "yellow"?

And yes, I believe Les's 30th Anniv is also right down the same alley.

Mine varies from honey-ish to a lighter yellow, depending on the light. Here’s the honey version, but under some lights it appears a shade or two paler:

81aB0Cr.jpg

Paler:

MkDOARs.jpg

Last edited:
First, sweet guitar, B!

Mine varies from honey-ish to a lighter yellow, depending on the light. Here’s the honey version, but under some lights it appears a shade or two paler:

81aB0Cr.jpg

Paler:

MkDOARs.jpg
Les, that is a beautiful guitar! I know I've said that before, but dayum!

What is the finish color called, officially?

Oh, and sorry for hijacking this thread a little too much...

Back