What's a 2012 DC3, in good shape, with PRS case worth

It's generally OK to discuss pricing of discontinued models.

PRS doesn't like discussion of currently available models, because it encourages dealer-baiting and whatnot.

IMHO, $1500 for birds/maple fretboard, in good shape is a bit too high, but not by much. It is possible to snag one of those for under $1200, I suppose - there is that black one on Reverb for $1250+$50 shipping, for example - maybe someone could negotiate to $1150 + $50, maybe the buyer isn't interested after their recent price drop (they have Make An Offer turned off).

agreed, I was going to say in the $1200 range. Because of the silver sky they lost a little appeal in the masses. They don’t have the cult following of the EG either.

That being said, I'm curious what makes it NOT float yer boat?
Tone?
Neck?

I like my Silver Sky, but......
1. I don't care for the fretboard radius. I'd rather have it flatter.
2. I like the 25" standard PRS scale over the Fender 25.5".
3. I can get the strings/action lower on my DC3 without the buzz (and yes, I've adjusted the truss rod).

I knew about #2&3 going in. And hey, if John likes 'em that way, who am I to judge? :)

I like my Silver Sky, but......
1. I don't care for the fretboard radius. I'd rather have it flatter.
2. I like the 25" standard PRS scale over the Fender 25.5".
3. I can get the strings/action lower on my DC3 without the buzz (and yes, I've adjusted the truss rod).

I knew about #2&3 going in. And hey, if John likes 'em that way, who am I to judge? :)
That's interesting.
I certainly had trepidation regarding the radius as well. I'd never experienced something that small before.
Now maybe it's because I'm 90%+ a rhythm player, or I don't know what (cuz JM is certainly not), but I find it rather comfy. Like moving between that and the 594 soapy is a breeze for me.
I don't understand why such a radical change in radius doesn't bother me!:confused:
But guitars are/can be very personal, and I get that.;)

Back