What's a 2012 DC3, in good shape, with PRS case worth

Hippybilly

Hippybilly - Half Hippy/Hal Hillbilly
Bought a 2012 PRS DC3, PRS case & even had all the original paperwork, wrenches & parts. Says it has PRS 305 single coils. I was just wondering how much this set up in good condition is worth. I've had several SE models & liked them for the money. Finally bought a real PRS and was curious about it's worth. Merry Christmas to all from the Missouri Ozarks.

If you love it 1500 is a great deal for a killer guitar.
Really liked the tone the bigger neck on the Silver Sky fits be better .

If you love playing it than its priceless.
I've got so many guitars & amps I was wondering about the price in case I decide to part with some of them. My favorite guitars are the ones I've rebuilt & upgraded. Seems my luck with guitars is alot like my luck with cars & other things in life. Take it to the shop to get tweaked out & playing good. Get them out of the shop & end up fixing what I paid to have fixed. That's when I bought some luthier tools & learned to work on them myself. People around here played a few of my creations & use to sell quite a few of my souped up bastard guitars. Guitars are alot like guns are now. You find a good base unit & then improve on the parts that are critical, upgrade parts to suit your taste & tweak this & that till it plays like you want it to. Buy alot of parts from guitarfetish folks.

I've got so many guitars & amps I was wondering about the price in case I decide to part with some of them. My favorite guitars are the ones I've rebuilt & upgraded. Seems my luck with guitars is alot like my luck with cars & other things in life. Take it to the shop to get tweaked out & playing good. Get them out of the shop & end up fixing what I paid to have fixed. That's when I bought some luthier tools & learned to work on them myself. People around here played a few of my creations & use to sell quite a few of my souped up bastard guitars. Guitars are alot like guns are now. You find a good base unit & then improve on the parts that are critical, upgrade parts to suit your taste & tweak this & that till it plays like you want it to. Buy alot of parts from guitarfetish folks.
I’ve never owned a DC3 so discussing value would be hard for me. What I do is look at eBay and Reverb and get an idea of listing prices. Now most of the time I find a variety listing prices from over priced to fair. You have to do homework. In MY mind $1500 for a DC3 is too steep. More like 900-1100 in very good condition. I may be wrong but I think it’s frowned upon to discuss actual price figures on the forum, so I apologize for my reply if so. Cheers

I’ve never owned a DC3 so discussing value would be hard for me. What I do is look at eBay and Reverb and get an idea of listing prices. Now most of the time I find a variety listing prices from over priced to fair. You have to do homework. In MY mind $1500 for a DC3 is too steep. More like 900-1100 in very good condition. I may be wrong but I think it’s frowned upon to discuss actual price figures on the forum, so I apologize for my reply if so. Cheers
It's generally OK to discuss pricing of discontinued models.

PRS doesn't like discussion of currently available models, because it encourages dealer-baiting and whatnot.

IMHO, $1500 for birds/maple fretboard, in good shape is a bit too high, but not by much. It is possible to snag one of those for under $1200, I suppose - there is that black one on Reverb for $1250+$50 shipping, for example - maybe someone could negotiate to $1150 + $50, maybe the buyer isn't interested after their recent price drop (they have Make An Offer turned off).

It's generally OK to discuss pricing of discontinued models.

PRS doesn't like discussion of currently available models, because it encourages dealer-baiting and whatnot.

IMHO, $1500 for birds/maple fretboard, in good shape is a bit too high, but not by much. It is possible to snag one of those for under $1200, I suppose - there is that black one on Reverb for $1250+$50 shipping, for example - maybe someone could negotiate to $1150 + $50, maybe the buyer isn't interested after their recent price drop (they have Make An Offer turned off).
Thanks for clearing that pricing thing up with me.

Well, it's over & done with. Looks like I could have done better, but I know from experience I could have done worse. I didnt buy it on line. Guitar Center had it. I was able to see, play & check things out & when you're in the store a person doesn't have time to visit all the websites & visit with a bunch of people about their opinions on pricing, especially when I'm not very tech savvy with all the electronic gadgetry, like I am. I'm an analog hillbilly in a high tech world & do the best I can. Thank all of you for your input & comments. Best wishes to all.

Well, it's over & done with. Looks like I could have done better, but I know from experience I could have done worse. I didnt buy it on line. Guitar Center had it. I was able to see, play & check things out & when you're in the store a person doesn't have time to visit all the websites & visit with a bunch of people about their opinions on pricing, especially when I'm not very tech savvy with all the electronic gadgetry, like I am. I'm an analog hillbilly in a high tech world & do the best I can. Thank all of you for your input & comments. Best wishes to all.
I never check prices after I buy something. If I felt like I got value at the time, I like to keep feeling that way.
I think you got a good guitar at a price that worked for you - that’s a good thing.
Enjoy.

Back