Whatcha Listening To?

Dirty_Boogie

Still got the ol' tagger on it
Happened to open Windows Media Player, and discovered all my old CD's ripped to my laptop. I'm so used to listening to music streaming services with "targeted" playlists that I forgot my own mix of genres and styles. Where else can you shuffle between Miles Davis, Opeth, The (English) Beat, Devin Townsend, and Gary Clark!?

So kicked it off the The Beat's "Mirror in the Bathroom" - a song that makes you want to jump up and dance around the office (but I won't :))

ax0RAZo.png

I'm a mixed bag listener as well. I'm a grew up in the 60's/70's rock and roll guy at heart, but my music collection covers a wide spectrum of styles. Vivaldi to Arc Angels and much in between. That has broadened since I started playing more seriously too. Now I "listen" intently to what's underneath more.

I'm a mixed bag listener as well. I'm a grew up in the 60's/70's rock and roll guy at heart, but my music collection covers a wide spectrum of styles. Vivaldi to Arc Angels and much in between. That has broadened since I started playing more seriously too. Now I "listen" intently to what's underneath more.

Yes me too I love the diversity and different depth between eras and styles of music from early blues to Heavy,great not to pigeon hole yourself into one genre

Happened to open Windows Media Player, and discovered all my old CD's ripped to my laptop. I'm so used to listening to music streaming services with "targeted" playlists that I forgot my own mix of genres and styles. Where else can you shuffle between Miles Davis, Opeth, The (English) Beat, Devin Townsend, and Gary Clark!?

At my house. Okay, so not necessarily those exact artists, but three of the five. It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility in my collection to go from ABBA to AC/DC to Meshuggah to 2 Live Crew to Debbie Gibson to Tiffany to the Who to Muddy Waters to Johnny Cash to Zappa to Kate Bush...you get the idea.

My buddy and I used to compare the reactions we got from record store clerks when we'd check out - it would be like they were ringing out three or four different orders because this stuff shouldn't all be going to the same place.

The CDs I recently purchased were "Georgia Blue" by Jason Isabell, "Mirror Ball" by Neil Young with Pearl Jam, David Crosby's "For Free", "The Best of Marty Stuart", and "Layla Revisited" by The Tedeschi Trucks Band. All of the HD music I've purchased lately was either Jazz (Miles Davis, John Coltrane) or Classical (Respighi, Debussy, or Anonymous 4 performing).

Lately I've been interested in Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds after seeing his movie on Hulu.

Occasionally I'll use the Calm Radio app and listen to unusual stuff like landscape sounds or the NASA recordings of Jupiter and other planets.

Yes, I'm weird.

We are blessed with a community radio station that is also online ( https://kxci.org/ ) which is very eclectic.

The CDs I recently purchased were "Georgia Blue" by Jason Isabell, "Mirror Ball" by Neil Young with Pearl Jam, David Crosby's "For Free", "The Best of Marty Stuart", and "Layla Revisited" by The Tedeschi Trucks Band. All of the HD music I've purchased lately was either Jazz (Miles Davis, John Coltrane) or Classical (Respighi, Debussy, or Anonymous 4 performing).

Lately I've been interested in Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds after seeing his movie on Hulu.

Occasionally I'll use the Calm Radio app and listen to unusual stuff like landscape sounds or the NASA recordings of Jupiter and other planets.

Yes, I'm weird.

We are blessed with a community radio station that is also online ( https://kxci.org/ ) which is very eclectic.
Very cool mix! Recently discovered Jason Isabell - love his stuff.

Listening to my band mate’s radio program from yesterday. WPFW.ORG- Wednesday 12 to 1- Don’t forget the Blues with Clarence” the bluesman” Turner. It’s under archived shows

My music collection is all over the place...kinda like my brain when I don't take my meds.:confused:

I listen to literally any music I can get my hands on. I love about 90% of everything, 9% I give a fair shot, I try to love it, but whether I love it or not, I can appreciate what went into the making it. If for no other reason than the production value. That alone fascinates me. The other 1% might just not be for me and I personally can't even listen to it without the urge to shove pencils into my ears just to make it stop. Not very much falls into that 1% though, but when it does I want to kill it with fire!!!:mad:

At my house. Okay, so not necessarily those exact artists, but three of the five. It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility in my collection to go from ABBA to AC/DC to Meshuggah to 2 Live Crew to Debbie Gibson to Tiffany to the Who to Muddy Waters to Johnny Cash to Zappa to Kate Bush...you get the idea.

My buddy and I used to compare the reactions we got from record store clerks when we'd check out - it would be like they were ringing out three or four different orders because this stuff shouldn't all be going to the same place.

BUT do you do this when you listen Tiffany?

Back