Whatcha Listening To?

These guys play yacht rock.:rolleyes:

I think I need to get my old Crimean War uniform out.

"You were around for the Crimean War, Les?"

"Seriously? I was around for the Trojan War."

"What was your role in the Trojan War?"

"I was the dude who brought in the horse."

"That was stupid."

"Everyone makes mistakes."

"That was kind of a big mistake."

"Who knew?"

I think I need to get my old Crimean War uniform out.

"You were around for the Crimean War, Les?"

"Seriously? I was around for the Trojan War."

"What was your role in the Trojan War?"

"I was the dude who brought in the horse."

"That was stupid."

"Everyone makes mistakes."

"That was kind of a big mistake."

"Who knew?"
Why is that dead horse hanging from the rafters?
It keeps the flies off the food.;)

These guys play yacht rock.:rolleyes:

I expected “Sailing” or “Sailing Ships” or even “Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner”!!;)
Discovered Jared James Nichols, guess what that led to? (hint P90)

Also recent Martin Barre for double PRS content!

Great share. I know what my listening will be whilst cooking dinner tonight :)

I'm only marginally embarrassed to say I listened to Philip Glass' Glassworks, from 1982, with the CBS Orchestra.

OK, so big deal, I'm living in the ancient world, listening to freakin' classical music. I like classical music. So what.

My plan for the evening is a few Beethoven violin concertos.

Like I said, I'm living in the wrong universe. ;)

I'm only marginally embarrassed to say I listened to Philip Glass' Glassworks, from 1982, with the CBS Orchestra.

OK, so big deal, I'm living in the ancient world, listening to freakin' classical music. I like classical music. So what.

My plan for the evening is a few Beethoven violin concertos.

Like I said, I'm living in the wrong universe. ;)
No need for embarassment Mr Les! I think the music he composed for the Qatsi film trilogy (Koyaanisqatsi: Life Out of Balance (1982), Powaqqatsi (1988) and Naqoyqatsi (2002)) is some of his best ever!! And those movies (and the music) are heavier than a solid marble guitar!!!

No need for embarassment Mr Les! I think the music he composed for the Qatsi film trilogy (Koyaanisqatsi: Life Out of Balance (1982), Powaqqatsi (1988) and Naqoyqatsi (2002)) is some of his best ever!! And those movies (and the music) are heavier than a solid marble guitar!!!
Not only is he an incredible talent, Glass sustained himself in the early days in NYC driving taxis and installing appliances to make ends meet before he got famous (largely because of the pieces you mention!).

I have something of an affinity for this, because my brother (one of whose paintings is currently in the Smithsonian's Outwin exhibit) was rehabbing lofts and doing various odd jobs to make ends meet in NYC around the same time in order to continue with his visual art.

People in the arts learn to pay dues, or they give up. I like it when people don't give up. I love stories like this.

On the other hand, I'm a slut. so who am I to make judgments?

I started doing music for TV ads when I left the practice of law. I suppose that's a little like driving a taxicab, only it paid better. But I got sidetracked by the dough and wasted my time on the planet with bizniz instead of using my brain to capacity and making music that could actually be called art.

If I could live my life over again, I'd major in music composition, and get started in the music world -- difficulty be damned.

Did you say, "Have any regrets?"

"Yeah."

"I might have one or two." ;)

Of course, this presupposes that I could have been good at what I was trying to accomplish. The truth of hat supposition will never be known.

Last edited:
Not only is he an incredible talent, Glass sustained himself in the early days in NYC driving taxis and installing appliances to make ends meet before he got famous (largely because of the pieces you mention!).

I have something of an affinity for this, because my brother (one of whose paintings is currently in the Smithsonian's Outwin exhibit) was rehabbing lofts and doing various odd jobs to make ends meet in NYC around the same time in order to continue with his visual art.

People in the arts learn to pay dues, or they give up. I like it when people don't give up. I love stories like this.

On the other hand, I'm a slut. so who am I to make judgments?

I started doing music for TV ads when I left the practice of law. I suppose that's a little like driving a taxicab, only it paid better. But I got sidetracked by the dough and wasted my time on the planet with bizniz instead of using my brain to capacity and making music that could actually be called art.

If I could live my life over again, I'd major in music composition, and get started in the music world -- difficulty be damned.

Did you say, "Have any regrets?"

"Yeah."

"I might have one or two." ;)

Of course, this presupposes that I could have been good at what I was trying to accomplish. The truth of hat supposition will never be known.
Too much to unwrap there at the moment for me (not that you were expecting any unwrapping), but I will simply type an old saying that I love:

There are two things to find in life, what you love to do and what you are good at! If the stars are smiling upon you, they will be the same thing!!

Unfortunately (slight unwrapping here), our society does not reward us for doing what we love!!!

You should be proud of your successes and accomplishments Mr. Les, as well of the accomplishments of your offspring! All shining examples!! Keep it up and Glass till the end!!!

Listening to "Undun" by the Guess Who. That and Grover Washington's work just ahead of that. My feeling is that we all tend to "guess" about the things we view (watching TV is very much about "guesswork") so for an educated guess, why not "Undun"?

I once learned that you shouldn't just go through life. You should grow with it. Undun is my personal solution to "growing" with life. Many people spend inordinate time figuring out things. We're all essentially guests on this planet, why not enjoy the time we have by growing with it?

I enjoy the jazz chord voicings, the fast pop/rock tempo, and mostly, the well-arranged songwriting. My hope someday is to learn Undun and perform it at an open-mic alongside a buddy who can accompany me with a 7-string while incorporating bass lines.

Too much to unwrap there at the moment for me (not that you were expecting any unwrapping), but I will simply type an old saying that I love:

There are two things to find in life, what you love to do and what you are good at! If the stars are smiling upon you, they will be the same thing!!

Unfortunately (slight unwrapping here), our society does not reward us for doing what we love!!!

You should be proud of your successes and accomplishments Mr. Les, as well of the accomplishments of your offspring! All shining examples!! Keep it up and Glass till the end!!!
You are a very kind person, and I appreciate the nice things you said!!

And yes, Glass...wonderful.

Back