What would you do?

Tonart

Tone of the Art......or is that backwards?
I’ve not had an NGD for a while now. The oasis of new lacquer enlightenment is dry and parched.

But I also feel I have enough geetars. I’ve gone to Everest. Only Olympus Mons beckons now. So does free-soloing an anthill mound instead of guided helicopter or spaceship tours.

I recently spied with my hungry eyes, a singlecut I could buy and then refinish to a goldtop.

Go or no go?

I’ve gone to Everest. Only Olympus Mons beckons now.

Can’t tell ya what to do about the guitar - my skills with a spray can only got as far as building plastic models as a kid - but damn, that’s a poetic turn of phrase!

I like this one in terms of color. Less traditional gold, not sure if this is champagne? I think it looks cool...
https://reverb.com/item/18595377-pr...razilian-rosewood-board-metallic-gold-top-279

So are you looking to refinish it yourself or?

Incoming NGD!

I’m joking. I’m cutting myself off for now.

Also OP, if you’re not going to a NGD for yourself, have it for people like myself had 5 too many NGDs in a row and are cut off. That way we can live the joy of NGD vicariously through you. Go for it!

You know the rules of acquisition. Only have to get to #3.

1. Never go into debt for a hobby/pastime; never.
2. Never use money that is needed for living expenses; never.
3. If you want it and can afford it, buy it.

Having said that, I haven't bought a guitar in a couple years, and have little gas for another. I'm happy playing the ones I have. :)

Duh!

DUH!

Freakin’ rule number 1 in the GAS addicts clan. It would be punishable by death except unnecessary since said wife would have already done so.
LOL well it’s only either the wife or the addicts you see. There’s no in between. Everybody else just doesn’t care, one way or the other. Well I could ask Paul...

You know the rules of acquisition. Only have to get to #3.

1. Never go into debt for a hobby/pastime; never.
2. Never use money that is needed for living expenses; never.
3. If you want it and can afford it, buy it.

Having said that, I haven't bought a guitar in a couple years, and have little gas for another. I'm happy playing the ones I have. :)
Wise words..

My rule, for the most part, is one in one out. I've mostly held to it. The modifier to it is that gig money is equipment money. I am, however, not horribly susceptible to GAS.

Back