What Would You Do? Modding advice.

@sergiodeblanc

I apologize for resurrecting this thread, but coincidentally enough, I just bought the “Starla” pickups at that reverb link. Now I find this thread, and I am having a good bit of anxiety, after seeing you say that the listing is misleading. Please clarify. Thank you, much.

https://reverb.com/item/35288044-paul-reed-smith-starla-2010-s-chrome

Sergio is on a break, but he explains his comment in the posts that follow in this thread. I don’t think there is much more to clarify.

Thank you for the clarification. I didn’t pay the full listing price, but still requested a refund, as I felt uneasy about the purchase already.

These are Korean pickups, not USA ones. That’s the misleading part. They should have been labeled as Korean and been listed for a lower price. That’s what all the comments were about.

My apologies @veinbuster for not reading the entire thread thoroughly. The coincidence of seeing the exact listing where I had just made a purchase was a little unsettling.

@sergiodeblanc

I apologize for resurrecting this thread, but coincidentally enough, I just bought the “Starla” pickups at that reverb link. Now I find this thread, and I am having a good bit of anxiety, after seeing you say that the listing is misleading. Please clarify. Thank you, much.

https://reverb.com/item/35288044-paul-reed-smith-starla-2010-s-chrome

Steve’s an @sshole with his misleading listing. I hope he locks himself out of his car.

Merry Christmas! The pickups were not listed as USA nor priced as such; they were specifically listed as Korean in the Country of Manufacture in the Reverb form. Reverb as I’ve learned does not display this information from the seller but had you the courtesy to discuss with me I would have happily provided that information as I did to my buyer. The pictures clearly show they are G&B pickups, which are made in Korea. I suggest you take up your quarrel with Reverb. The pictures were from the same listing I bought them from a year ago. They were priced and sold for far below USA PRS pickups.

Merry Christmas! The pickups were not listed as USA nor priced as such; they were specifically listed as Korean in the Country of Manufacture in the Reverb form. Reverb as I’ve learned does not display this information from the seller but had you the courtesy to discuss with me I would have happily provided that information as I did to my buyer. The pictures clearly show they are G&B pickups, which are made in Korea. I suggest you take up your quarrel with Reverb. The pictures were from the same listing I bought them from a year ago. They were priced and sold for far below USA PRS pickups.

As someone who sells a lot on reverb...I would have listed these pickups as "S2 PRS Starla pickups". Straight up in the title. Not doing so leaves an under informed buyer open to mistaking them for USA pickups. A buyer would have to know what G&B pickups are, and they would have had to read the small print if any without the proper knowlege. The listing title I'm sure was the issue with your listing...well at least it was for me.

The pickups did not come out of a guitar I owned; therefore, I had no personal knowledge of them coming out of an S2 guitar. They may have come out of an S2 Guitar or an SE. I also bought them on Reverb and listed them with Korea as the country of manufacture. USA PRS pickups typically sell for $300-$575 per set; the rarer sets being on the upper end of that range. I was not even aware of there being a USA Starla model: the name calling and maligning on this thread is uncalled for. The price of the pickups and the option to make an offer properly reflect the value of the pickups.

Last edited:
Back