What Would You Do? Modding advice.

I just mean I got excited when I saw those weeks ago. I was ready to buy them when I actually looked at the rest of the pics and realized dude is.... I would say clueless, but he did enough research to find out what real Starla pickups are worth.
Not a problem. ;) I don’t know a thing about them, just thought to check when you mentioned it. I should have known you’d have already looked!

Crap. I gotta start batch replying or I’m gonna up my post count.

I already don’t touch the one I love (the sound of) the W/T neck on this one is criminal, the back of the neck is so flat it’s unlike any other W/T I’ve ever held.

I can always count on you for sound advice!

I honestly don’t want any S2’s. They’re good guitars but I’ve already got almost all the guitars I want.

Yeah... I’d have to grab the whole harness from the other one because it’s a particularly awesome set of DII’s with a rotary. If I do the lipsticks I’ll need to figure something else out for the taps/splits, I could maybe do some cross comparison of the wire colors, but I’m not sure if a rotary would work with them.

OMG, me too!!!

Message already sent to Shawn to change your post figure by 4 points :p

I already don’t touch the one I love (the sound of) the W/T neck on this one is criminal, the back of the neck is so flat it’s unlike any other W/T I’ve ever held.

Aaaaahhhhhhhhh...I got ya. Then I'm on board with VB. Might even consider swapping the hardware as well...Then send me the empty shell and let's build something!

Rattle cans and glitter...STAT!

I hate to say it, but USA Starla pups may be more unobtanium than 2012 DGT pups. Until you find them, I highly recommend TV Jones Classics in HB format. They will custom build to your taste, are SO responsive and cool to deal with, and sound great. Not horribly expensive, either.

Thin neck, eh? Ain’t no fix’in that. Deal or dump, IMO...err, trade bait.

Let's go home and play

play.jpeg

I’m thinking that I would sell them both and hunt for something else. Maybe a Santana Singlecut SE?

Reactions: jxe
Sergio, I'm surprised that you haven't bought the Santana Singlecut SE. I'm going to throw a vote for Fralin P-92's. They're P-90's in a humbucker size. With a good wiring harness you'll be in Single coil type spankin heaven. Do you even have a P-90 guitar at present?

Aaaaahhhhhhhhh...I got ya. Then I'm on board with VB. Might even consider swapping the hardware as well...Then send me the empty shell and let's build something!

I still have all the old parts, I could put it back together.
Thin neck, eh? Ain’t no fix’in that. Deal or dump, IMO...err, trade bait.

Yeah.... it’s a beautiful guitar and really sounds great, it’s too bad about the neck profile. Someone else might love it, so I may just put it on the block.

I’m thinking that I would sell them both and hunt for something else. Maybe a Santana Singlecut SE?
Sergio, I'm surprised that you haven't bought the Santana Singlecut SE. I'm going to throw a vote for Fralin P-92's. They're P-90's in a humbucker size. With a good wiring harness you'll be in Single coil type spankin heaven. Do you even have a P-90 guitar at present?

I’ve been kinda less thrilled with the last couple newest made SE’s I’ve bought. They’re both WMI made, so it’s unfair of me to judge the new Cortek ones based on those, but I’ve also never gotten a chubby from any of Cort’s other guitars they’ve made either. I feel that for me the sweet spot for SE’s is in the 2006-2012 area.

I’m waiting for a Core SC Santana or a used PS GOTM version in the long term.

Edit: Oh, and I do have a P90 guitar, that LV covered Soapbar II “studio” and it’s killer.

Argh, I hear ya on those Starla pickups. You probably saw my post about the Duncan Psyclone - I love the sound, would love the Starla pickup more though. I guess if you don't mind the look of the Psyclones, I'd recommend them, if your Bigsby SE needs to be brighter.

Back