What would you consider a "fair price" for this PRS?

What A POS. I Wouldn't Buy It For Any Price.

You Folks Throwing Out $1K Plus Can't Be Serious. I Sure As Hell Hope Not Anyway.

That thing is shredded!! Who knows if it plays in tune. I might for $500 and attempt to recondition as a beater.

What A POS. I Wouldn't Buy It For Any Price.

You Folks Throwing Out $1K Plus Can't Be Serious. I Sure As Hell Hope Not Anyway.
I wouldn't let it into my house.

"Didn't you say that about a beat up '53 Les Paul that you could have bought for $3500 back in 1992?"

"I certainly did. And it was in a lot better shape than the beater in this thread. Just toss another money-maker I missed onto the pyre!" ;)

That is one beat up guitar.

Hard pass, period. Even for a heavy relic strat: missing chuncks of wood is a no go. Those flaws are beyond cosmetic.

Say what you want, but look at those frets. That guitar has seen some use. Under the cosmetic issues, it’s probably a pretty good guitar.

I’m not one to turn my nose up at a guitar that’s in need of some love. That said, there’d have to be a hefty discount to purchase that one. If I had a desire for a project guitar, that might not be a bad one if the price was right.

Serial Number 32549
10-Top

These are all the pictures and info I have, curious to get some opinions…

index.php

index.php

index.php
Just my opinion but 1100 all in. It is really beat up and I am guessing that damage takes away from it being a 10 top. Hard to believe someone would get a 10 top then treat it like that, but everyone is different.

I wouldn't pay any amount for that guitar based only on those pics. Maybe if I could play it and determine the neck's not warped, etc. Who knows what's going on with that guitar. 10-top isn't a selling point when the rest of it looks suspect (IMO of course).

To the guitar's defense: The playwear looks honest. A natural relic. This could mean that it was a magical guitar to someone.
But it needs a lot of work, as per my previous post.
Yep. It could be a wonderful guitar.

Wonder what the case is like? Gonna need a case.

I wouldn't pay more than $700. tops.

Otherwise it's just not worth it to sink another $500 or 600 into it to refret it and fix it up.

It could be made like new again with a refret and refinish...

But you can buy them in nice shape for under $2000 so it wouldn't be money well spent on that one.

Not unless you can score it for nutso cheap!

Last edited:
Back