What would be your ultimate PRS guitar

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
If they offered it via core line, or if you had to go PS?

Mine:
Santana body shape in Blood Orange
Rear of guitar and neck in light natural
Traditional head stock shape, not the Santana head stock
25" scale
Pattern Thin neck
Phase III tuners with ebony buttons
Two 408 pickups with the larger bridge one (like my current 408 guitar) with black rings
Two mini toggles for coil splitting like the 408 guitar has
Traditional toggle or blade switch, does not matter
Adjustable wrap around bridge

I wonder how much this would run via PS?

SC 24.5, tremolo, piezo, BRW neck, ebony fretboard, maple top, mahogany back, 3 way toggle, blow switch, brushstroke birds.

Actually, it's in the oven except it will have a Macassar ebony neck.

So, essentially this (with a BRW neck, but the cocobolo ain't bad):

Last edited:
Got it already, and I didn't even have to design it myself. :) Starla, quilt maple top, ebony board, etched silver inlays. The one thing I would change if I did it again would probably to do a rosewood or ziricote neck. It's otherwise my perfect PRS guitar.

I'd also like one with a crazy spalted maple top... maybe later in life!

15215038631_5acaac090f_b.jpg

Custom 24
Cocobolo neck and back
Maple Burl top
BRW fretboard
57/08s
Piezo
Stop tail
25" scale
Pattern neck

Already started it, but unfortunately cocobolo is no longer available as a body anymore

Got it already, and I didn't even have to design it myself. :) Starla, quilt maple top, ebony board, etched silver inlays. The one thing I would change if I did it again would probably to do a rosewood or ziricote neck. It's otherwise my perfect PRS guitar.

I'd also like one with a crazy spalted maple top... maybe later in life!

15215038631_5acaac090f_b.jpg

I love this one!

For me, there are too many wonderful possibilities with all the models and permutations to call any one combination "ultimate."

Has this or anything similar ever been done before? Would be interesting to see a crazy two-tone glow on a spalted top...

I don't think it has but I am totally down to do it hehe

Saving up to get it built
well as soon as I am done paying off my carpal tunnel surgery LOL stupid deductible.....

HB2 with 85/15 pickups
- no piezo
- use the piezo controls for a neck volume control and the mini toggle to split the pickups
- MINI TOGGLE : down = hum/hum, middle position = split/split, up = bridge hum/neck split.
- Maple neck with ebony bard and body color matching, Santana shaped headstock.
- Pattern neck.

SC 24.5, tremolo, piezo, BRW neck, ebony fretboard, maple top, mahogany back, 3 way toggle, blow switch, brushstroke birds.

Very close to mine - maybe rosewood board and mammoth ivory birds... might also consider obeche back for weight relief.

edit - oops, make mine a double cutaway

Last edited:
7-string
semi-hollow
probably a singlecut. Or maybe a doublecut, I don't know.

I'm real used to the two-humbucker approach by now, but I might throw a single-coil or a third humbucker in the middle.

And a piezo.

Last edited:
Not exactly sure which format I would go. 30th cu24, 408, dgt, mctrem, single cut trem or studio. It would be charcoal cherry burst, hog/maple body and flamemaple neck.

I would want a larger scale than 25 inch too. Just not sure how that effects tone though. 25.5 or 25.75 or 26

Where could I order a set of these rings and knobs!?!?

So, essentially this (with a BRW neck, but the cocobolo ain't bad):

Double cut body that is SC thickness. Maple(quilt), hog, w/brazzy board. Satin neck. 5708 neck pickup, either \m/ or 5909 bridge pickup. Adjustable stoptail. Nickel hardware.

Hard for me to narrow it down to one guitar. I like variety too much, so its tough :D. If I had to narrow it down to just one, I would say I already own with the Sandstorm SC58. I also have one in the oven that could be the "one" as well. 7 string with Black Limba body.

Has this or anything similar ever been done before? Would be interesting to see a crazy two-tone glow on a spalted top...

I don't think it can be done. I remember watching a video where Paul Miles talk about the spalted tops. Says they can only tone them with a candy color, can't be stained.

Back