What will happen to the precious guitars after you kick the bucket?

I want them all sold and money to be used to jumpstart the adult lives for our kids or possibly grandkids if we have any. However, since it’s a constant battle with my wife to get rid of anything, she will probably keep them and our kids can decide what happens when she goes. If I know it’s coming I will sell all my stuff before just to tick off my wife one last time. Except the Gibson Hummingbird. She bought me that for my birthday and I guess she can have it back.

I’ve already told Mrs. Mintzer that I’ll pay 10% over what Jamie paid for several of his guitars. That’s $80 profit on each one!

For the record, I NEVER told her that! I was showing some of our friends my new music room and the wife commented on my "pretty guitars", and asked how much they cost. My wife said, "about $800"...

As she had instructed in the past, I did not correct her in public... It's HER fault!

I guess... I better confess how much they cost so they sell them and don't throw them out :eek: boy the wife will not be happy... better leave a note somewhere she or my daughter can read after I'm regarding the value, Don't want my Private Stocks to end up in the trash! At least they will be able to buy some expensive purses after they sell them :D:p

Mrs. B knows all. We have no secrets thus no future uncomfortable reveals. Now, she doesn’t give 2 poos about my music gear, meaning no recollection of my telling her he prices and would probably have a thrombosis if the total amount were scribbled down somewhere. Thus, I just give my excess pedals to my kids for Xmas/birthdays and a guitar, if they will take it. Somehow, the guitars boomerang back to the house.

Mrs. B knows all. We have no secrets thus no future uncomfortable reveals. Now, she doesn’t give 2 poos about my music gear, meaning no recollection of my telling her he prices and would probably have a thrombosis if the total amount were scribbled down somewhere. Thus, I just give my excess pedals to my kids for Xmas/birthdays and a guitar, if they will take it. Somehow, the guitars boomerang back to the house.

so she knows all about the Harlem Shuffle & let’s not forget about……… THE DUKE

gorilla.png

Dear Dad,

Boomerang some guitars this way please.

Sincerely,
Your new son.

For the record, I NEVER told her that! I was showing some of our friends my new music room and the wife commented on my "pretty guitars", and asked how much they cost. My wife said, "about $800"...

As she had instructed in the past, I did not correct her in public... It's HER fault!

Alright, I’ll give her $900 per, just to guarantee an $80 profit.

My wife says they are going to the local pawn shop. Oh well - I won't care at that point. Only concern is she will get ripped off on the price but it is the easiest way for her to unload them.

I'll probably talk to a dealer from time to time so I can point my daughters in a direction that will treat them reasonably. It might be different dealers for acoustic and electric. JD and DFD come to mind.

And, I’ll start making the number they have to deal with smaller this year (CU24, HB, 12 string). I just have to coordinate so that the total remaining stays prime.

I'll probably talk to a dealer from time to time so I can point my daughters in a direction that will treat them reasonably. It might be different dealers for acoustic and electric. JD and DFD come to mind.

And, I’ll start making the number they have to deal with smaller this year (CU24, HB, 12 string). I just have to coordinate so that the total remaining stays prime.
Regardless of what stays, they’ll all be prime. :cool:

Back