What will happen to the precious guitars after you kick the bucket?

If any of you guys have not seen a Koa Sister, I highly recommend you consult with Paul. My sister would not look half as good if she was a furry Marsupial, and I have no sister.
To clarify for our newer forum brothers and sisters :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The McCarty my wife bought me will hopefully stay in the family for generations to come.

What I find incredibly disappointing is watching somebody on pawn stars selling off something thats been handed down a few generations.

When my grandad passed my uncle got his Hammond organ. I would have loved to had it but that's not how it worked out. I never made a fuss about it at all..........then I found out after a few years he sold it at his garage sale.

I'm still incredibly pissed about it.

I guess you don’t need the MDT then
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Whaaaaaaaaaattttt???

Is this not the PRS forum, where the credo is "I NEED THEM ALL!" ???

But, we ALL know who will get the HX/DA. ;)

That said, here's my serious answer to the thread. I've gone over this with my wife. She has instructions as follows: IF my grandson is playing guitar, she is to give him all my PRS guitars that she bought me (3), my Taylor 614CE and GS Mini and my Archon and PRS cab. She can then sell all the others (heaven help her... she won't have a clue how to do that) or pick a couple more for Jude and sell the rest. My dad's Gibson goes back to my brother or sister if still around, to Jude if they aren't. My Ibanez Artist (high school graduation present) goes to Jude.

IF Jude is not playing guitar at the time of my demise, it's up to my wife if she saves them, gives them to him or sells them.

You all have so much I doubt there's anything I have that anyone here would need, except maybe Scott, Alnus or Aahzz. But I can tell you for absolute certainty, SOMEONE here should get my NF3!! If my grandson is playing, I'll make sure he gets that one as well, but if not, someone here should get it.

I have one grandson and one granddaughter, out of 12 total grandkids, who are serious guitarists. I began giving them guitars from my collection last year. I loved watching their reactions when I handed them each one of their favorite “grandpa’s” guitars and told them that they were now theirs. They will have to wait until I am gone to get my PRS guitars! lol

I don't have any children (as far as I know). The only plan I have is to get elected as President of the United States so that I can get a presidential library to display my guns, guitars and photography collection when I'm gone. It's not a good plan but it's all I've got at the moment.

My son doesn't play so probably they gonna get sold. To be fair I wouldn't mind that at all. These are great guitars and should be played and enjoyed. They shouldn't be wall hangers or conversation pieces. If they sell them I hope the money will be used to buy something they will enjoy and not simply blown on bills and used as food money.

Thinking now I may put a little note somewhere into pickup or electronic cavity with some history how I got them or who I am. I often thinking about a gent who owned my Standard 24 before me. I know he became ill and went to a nursing home, he was a semi pro and had a taste for PRS. His family hold to his guitars for few years, but finally offloaded few of them and some amps to a music shop in Surrey. The day I found it I knew it will be mine. Don't know much more about its history but I would love to know more

I don't have any children (as far as I know). The only plan I have is to get elected as President of the United States so that I can get a presidential library to display my guns, guitars and photography collection when I'm gone. It's not a good plan but it's all I've got at the moment.

While this plan may seem far fetched to some, a quick history lesson shows just how valid this plan could be!

Somewhere between Valhalla and a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin’ on up? Me too. You may are may not be happy to know, but I have it on good authority that there are only PRS and Taylor guitars in heaven.

I can’t wait to see a couple of my bluegrass Martin guys play their first REAL guitar! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Movin’ on up? Me too. You may are may not be happy to know, but I have it on good authority that there are only PRS and Taylor guitars in heaven.

I can’t wait to see a couple of my bluegrass Martin guys play their first REAL guitar! HAHAHAHAHAHA

There has to be one good strat up there! One had to make it in. Didn’t David (of Bathsheba and Goliath fame) play a strat? That’s what I heard. I heard that David’s guitar reincarnated itself as a certain fella’s ‘Number 1’. That’s what I heard.

And only Grote and Ivy guitars in purgatory...

Back