What will happen to the precious guitars after you kick the bucket?

I’ll have to sell them all to pay medical bills before I die anyway.

Unless I get hit by an ice cream truck or something.

I spend a lot of time on the road cycling. It’s always been my dream to die under the wheels of an ice cream truck. It’s always been my nightmare to die from being crushed by a full port-o-John that fell off the back of a truck.

I spend a lot of time on the road cycling. It’s always been my dream to die under the wheels of an ice cream truck. It’s always been my nightmare to die from being crushed by a full port-o-John that fell off the back of a truck.

Wouldn't getting crushed be pretty quick though? I think it would be far worse to be pinned by the fallen port-o-john, especially if it was fractured in the fall causing it to slowly spill its contents. Aside from the obvious, uh, crappiness of the situation, as you struggled to get air into your lungs, it would be that kind of air all around you.

I think the best way to go would be to get shot by a jealous supermodel's husband. The worst would be to get shot by the supermodel's husband and boyfriend, because I assume I'd have to listen to them argue about who gets to pull the trigger, while the supermodel sits there emotionlessly instead of tearfully begging for my life because "I have a shoot in the morning, and crying will give me bags under my eyes". Can't respect someone who doesn't have a work-life balance.

I'm guessing I'll slowly sell them at some point in my life. Whoever wants one can call dibs then. My favorite, or at least a guitar, will be burned with me if they allow that sort of thing. If not, find another lake!

I think about the ice cream truck too, it's anybody's guess at that point.. Have fun fellas and Ice Cream on me, literally!

It depends on how much notice I have. Worst case, the girls will look at the value documentation I put together for insurance and sell for something in that ballpark, possibly after taking something to their homes (I have documented suggestions).

Some are likely to be offered to friends who have expressed interest in something specific - you know who you are. Of course, I have a decent chance of outliving everyone who has any interest in any of my stuff.

I’m just sayin… how do I know these left behind peeps gonna love my guitars? My nephew can’t even keep his own prized possessions in decent shape.

Y’all ever heard of the Onassis family? The youngest but last remaining heir sold off keepsake jewels and the family island. Had no need for it. Didn’t want. Somebody else’s prized possession. Maybe some sad memories attached. Who knows.

Nah. I’m keeping my guitars. I might need to play some awful music in the next life, somebody might need a theme song. Heck, they packed the pharaohs with everything they might need. I need music. I just have to remember to tell them that the guitar weight shouldn’t be added to the scale when they weigh my heart against a feather …

Tomb of the unknown guitarist.
You’ll be under there somewhere.

guitarpile.jpg

In the case where they’re sold, I’ve made a list to guide the rest of the family how much these things are worth. Two problems though:
- The prices are hopelessly optimistic
- One family member in particular will kill me upon seeing those prices, so it really defeats the purpose

If my experience of getting taken out by a Chevy Silverado earlier this year is anything to go by, it'll all be over in a flash either way!

Nobody else in my family is into guitars. I guess I should leave instructions for taking my crap to a shop for consignment or something.

I have only one granddaughter (out of 5 grandkids) with the slightest interest in playing. I am guessing she may lose interest by the time the estate is determined. A great question to raise. Maybe identify a few friends that may want one or another.

Show my wife how to put them on Reverb? Or, more likely, show the sons how to put them on Reverb. I was just thinking but then the sons will find out how much I've spent on them. But, at that point, I probably won't care:eek:

Back