What were/are Artist tweaks?

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by CE-man, Aug 13, 2012.

1. CE-man

CE-man New Member

The PTC used to mention "Artist tweaks" when setting up a guitar, what are/were Artist tweaks?

2. Shawn@PRS

Staff Member Moderator

The Artist Tweaks are some of the small improvements that Paul has made to our instruments over the years. If you have a guitar built in 2008 or later, the Artist tweaks have pretty much been built into the guitar, but an older guitar can certainly be improved upon with the tweaks.

Unplated grooves in saddles or unplated stoptail bridge, unplated intonation screws, unplated tuner shafts and a couple other secret things I cannot divulge without getting on the wrong side of the big man.

3. CHARISMAFIRE

CHARISMAFIRE INVISIBLE MAN

I think for certain a new nut made of the material they go with now is for sure one of them. But, don't take that as gospel, but I would bet on it.

4. CE-man

CE-man New Member

So we don't get to know what exactly is in the secret sauce.....hmmmm??? Thanks for letting us in on what you can.

5. alantig

alantig Zombie Four, DFZ

I know you're the expert, but are you sure about that? I have a couple on both sides of that date line, and I sound just as bad on the newer guitars as the old! Maybe you left out the talent tweak? :confused:

6. docbennett

docbennett Banned

You gotta get that pedal that used to be Harker's former Avatar (wish I still had a picture, but now some other guy on VR is using it)....you know...the Boss "Talent Simulator". :D

7. alantig

alantig Zombie Four, DFZ

Tried it. Had to return it. Not my choice - the company demanded it back after hearing clips.

8. CE-man

CE-man New Member

Some more specialized pedals....... [​IMG]

9. Brad737

Brad737 This space for rent...

Where's the "Like" button?