What was Your 1st PRS?

My first PRS is a 2017 SE Santana. I had previously played an Epiphone LP (that constantly fell out of tune) but had to sell off all my gear and took a long break from the hobby. Many years later I found myself with an itch to pick up a guitar so I reached out to a friend who lent me a Gibson SG faded and a little cheap amp. A month later I was shopping for my own and was primarily seeking out a budget single cut. PRS wasn't even on my radar. Actually I didn't know that they had more than one line of guitars. Anyways...I found this SE Santana hanging on a wall in a clearance area of one of the large chain stores in my area. I thought that it was a beautiful guitar and took it down, strummed the only chords I knew and something felt pretty awesome about this piece of wood in my hands. No neck dive like the SG, quite a bit lighter than a LP. I wasn't looking for a signature guitar, and it was above the budget I had set. But I am probably not the only one that admires guitars in the shop that are out of my price range. I asked why it was in the clearance area and was told that it was used as a prop for some kind photoshoot, it still had the plastic on the cavity covers on the back and showed no wear that I could see. A discounted price was offered, a deal was struck and I spent my entire budget on just a new-to-me guitar, even had to play it acoustically for a couple months before I finally had a practice amp. Still have it and have been upgrading it as necessary.
TBsWbTserapZUwpsdsLI7oXoPTnTBgNFbc4XvOQIQrvS5_2y10wAPEnxycdQsMVUvott6yOX4AvDMK3q5Lt47ytUSBAo_XwI3ytDmcAPeF5lcV5lRbGu2y38h3H73niqDOiGeXhxRA=w2400

My first PRS is a 2017 SE Santana. I had previously played an Epiphone LP (that constantly fell out of tune) but had to sell off all my gear and took a long break from the hobby. Many years later I found myself with an itch to pick up a guitar so I reached out to a friend who lent me a Gibson SG faded and a little cheap amp. A month later I was shopping for my own and was primarily seeking out a budget single cut. PRS wasn't even on my radar. Actually I didn't know that they had more than one line of guitars. Anyways...I found this SE Santana hanging on a wall in a clearance area of one of the large chain stores in my area. I thought that it was a beautiful guitar and took it down, strummed the only chords I knew and something felt pretty awesome about this piece of wood in my hands. No neck dive like the SG, quite a bit lighter than a LP. I wasn't looking for a signature guitar, and it was above the budget I had set. But I am probably not the only one that admires guitars in the shop that are out of my price range. I asked why it was in the clearance area and was told that it was used as a prop for some kind photoshoot, it still had the plastic on the cavity covers on the back and showed no wear that I could see. A discounted price was offered, a deal was struck and I spent my entire budget on just a new-to-me guitar, even had to play it acoustically for a couple months before I finally had a practice amp. Still have it and have been upgrading it as necessary.
TBsWbTserapZUwpsdsLI7oXoPTnTBgNFbc4XvOQIQrvS5_2y10wAPEnxycdQsMVUvott6yOX4AvDMK3q5Lt47ytUSBAo_XwI3ytDmcAPeF5lcV5lRbGu2y38h3H73niqDOiGeXhxRA=w2400

welcome to the forum, rad guitar and story.

Ya done good, congrats!

My first was a 2002 Custom 24 Artist Package. It’s become my number one humbucker guitar and just is my most versatile instrument I’ve ever bought. I got it because I was looking for a PRS and couldn’t really decide which one was for me. Then I saw this on reverb and snatched it up immediately. I don’t regret any of the gear I sold to get it.

Back