What was Your 1st PRS?

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Texas_minor_blues, Jul 29, 2019.

1. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules New and improved member

NF s are better than birds! (Trust me, I know. ;))

bodia likes this.
  2. needsmoresklll

needsmoresklll New Member

My first PRS is a 2017 SE Santana. I had previously played an Epiphone LP (that constantly fell out of tune) but had to sell off all my gear and took a long break from the hobby. Many years later I found myself with an itch to pick up a guitar so I reached out to a friend who lent me a Gibson SG faded and a little cheap amp. A month later I was shopping for my own and was primarily seeking out a budget single cut. PRS wasn't even on my radar. Actually I didn't know that they had more than one line of guitars. Anyways...I found this SE Santana hanging on a wall in a clearance area of one of the large chain stores in my area. I thought that it was a beautiful guitar and took it down, strummed the only chords I knew and something felt pretty awesome about this piece of wood in my hands. No neck dive like the SG, quite a bit lighter than a LP. I wasn't looking for a signature guitar, and it was above the budget I had set. But I am probably not the only one that admires guitars in the shop that are out of my price range. I asked why it was in the clearance area and was told that it was used as a prop for some kind photoshoot, it still had the plastic on the cavity covers on the back and showed no wear that I could see. A discounted price was offered, a deal was struck and I spent my entire budget on just a new-to-me guitar, even had to play it acoustically for a couple months before I finally had a practice amp. Still have it and have been upgrading it as necessary.
    [​IMG]

Tim S, dmatthews, grausch and 3 others like this.
  3. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

welcome to the forum, rad guitar and story.

shimmilou likes this.
  4. Tony M.

Tony M. New Member

Nice guitar.
    Enjoy playing it.
    (I wonder what the photo shoot was for.)

5. dmatthews

dmatthews Dave's not here...

Ya done good, congrats!

6. needsmoresklll

needsmoresklll New Member

I wondered for a while too, but now I just play it :)

7. PurplePancake98

PurplePancake98 New Member

My first was a 2002 Custom 24 Artist Package. It’s become my number one humbucker guitar and just is my most versatile instrument I’ve ever bought. I got it because I was looking for a PRS and couldn’t really decide which one was for me. Then I saw this on reverb and snatched it up immediately. I don’t regret any of the gear I sold to get it.

shimmilou and dmatthews like this.