What was Your 1st PRS?

Sure. My 06 20th Ann. Singlecut AP with BRW board.

e0Z9joC.jpg

kC927Kf.jpg

wSCjbND.jpg

FunkyFreeman, that's an exquisite first PRS!

Mine was an '89 Classic Electric which I scored from the local classified ads in about '92. I'd coveted PRS since the Harvey Citron review of the "PRS Guitar" in Guitar Player magazine in about '86 or '87. Never thought I'd be able to afford one, since those were my college days, then 6-7 years down the road, I snapped up that Classic for $700. Great deal. Rawk Machine! That one great deal led to a lot more of PRS' fine products filling up my home... I did let that guitar go, since honestly I like the newer ones better.

I have better pictures than this, er, somewhere...

blueprs2.jpg

Wow! That is one hot guitar.
Thanks! It took me years for saving up, hahaha.

Mine was an '89 Classic Electric which I scored from the local classified ads in about '92. I'd coveted PRS since the Harvey Citron review of the "PRS Guitar" in Guitar Player magazine in about '86 or '87. Never thought I'd be able to afford one, since those were my college days, then 6-7 years down the road, I snapped up that Classic for $700. Great deal. Rawk Machine! That one great deal led to a lot more of PRS' fine products filling up my home... I did let that guitar go, since honestly I like the newer ones better.
$700 for an original CE, what a steal! Hahaha. Nice guitar by the way!

A 97 standard 22, bought used 10 years ago to my former guitar teacher. The wiring was messed up, and the frets needed to be leveled properly, after a descent check-up and the add of 2 push push it was a real beast. I finally sold it because I was founding this guitar a little too dark sounding for my taste.

Actually now that I own other PRS, I discovered that I clearly prefer PRS tremolo system (and also maple :)), but still fan of wide fat neck and dragon pickups.

1tlu.jpg

wxxr.jpg

Last edited:

blueprs2.jpg

Dude that thing is rediculous:eek:!

In 2000 or 2001 I worked at a tattoo shop that was on the same block as a place called Zapf's Music who was an authorized PRS dealer at the time (it no longer exists). One of the employees there LOVED to get tattooed....and somehow, all of us tattoo artists LOVED to think we were musicians. I was in there browsing around and saw this WAY too expensive but WAY to gorgeous to pass up. So, I got him to give me his employee discount and worked out some tattoo work later on for him. I had no idea what I was buying. My playing definitely didn't justify that cost. But I just had to have it. And it has colored my thought process on what a guitar "should be" ever since. It was a custom 22 flamed 10 top with a natural finish and a wide fat neck profile. Dragon II pups and a stop bar tail piece........(can you tell it hooked me)? ;) The only pic I have of it was on 35mm film print and scanned into a computer .... but you get the idea. To this day, she is the one that got away. I sold her to get that last couple of grand together to get my own tattoo shop opened in 2002. And just that little over a year with her has made me a life long PRS fan.

10262258_10154243471490331_1883522218809944938_n.jpg

Doooood! I love that one! Killer story too!

After many years of playing (poorly) and collecting many other brands of guitars, I finally decided I would check out PRS. The first PRS that I pre-ordered was a 2018 S2 Studio in Antique White, and scheduled delivery would be in about 6 months. While waiting and looking at other PRS, I found this beauty about 2 weeks after the S2 order and couldn't resist. A 2018 Custom 22 in Black Gold Wrap Burst. Without exception, the most brilliant guitar I have ever owned, before or since. A year and a half later, and I still haven't gotten over how wonderful this guitar is.

39058221060_00fe53ddf2_o.jpg

After many years of playing (poorly) and collecting many other brands of guitars, I finally decided I would check out PRS. The first PRS that I pre-ordered was a 2018 S2 Studio in Antique White, and scheduled delivery would be in about 6 months. While waiting and looking at other PRS, I found this beauty about 2 weeks after the S2 order and couldn't resist. A 2018 Custom 22 in Black Gold Wrap Burst. Without exception, the most brilliant guitar I have ever owned, before or since. A year and a half later, and I still haven't gotten over how wonderful this guitar is.

39058221060_00fe53ddf2_o.jpg

Another of my all time favorites! She's a stunner!

I've told the story more than once, but like your old senile uncle, I'll tell it again...

I had never heard of PRS and was a crappy guitar wannabe playing on a crappy Squier Strat my family chipped in to buy me for Christmas back in the 90's. I had just gotten our tax return and had some cash for once and happened to be on a trip to Phoenix in 2006 and had a day to kill. I went to a Guitar Center to test drive Les Pauls. Nothing I played appealed to me. Finish flaws or wouldn't stay in tune or whatever. Up on the wall behind the counter was this gorgeous thing with bird inlays. I asked to see it. As soon as I played her she made it clear I had to take her home. It took about everything I had saved but it was so worth it. Cu24 Artist Package. I later upgraded the amp from a tiny Gorilla amp too. Here is a bad lighting photo.
n3FHKbO.jpg

I've told the story more than once, but like your old senile uncle, I'll tell it again...

I had never heard of PRS and was a crappy guitar wannabe playing on a crappy Squier Strat my family chipped in to buy me for Christmas back in the 90's. I had just gotten our tax return and had some cash for once and happened to be on a trip to Phoenix in 2006 and had a day to kill. I went to a Guitar Center to test drive Les Pauls. Nothing I played appealed to me. Finish flaws or wouldn't stay in tune or whatever. Up on the wall behind the counter was this gorgeous thing with bird inlays. I asked to see it. As soon as I played her she made it clear I had to take her home. It took about everything I had saved but it was so worth it. Cu24 Artist Package. I later upgraded the amp from a tiny Gorilla amp too. Here is a bad lighting photo.
n3FHKbO.jpg
Fabulous.:cool:

I was a Stratocaster only kind of guy, having started out on one...for a long, long time...didn’t like Les Pauls, or any Humbucker guitars, for a long time. Fell in love with a BC Rich in college (80’s)...then had a long 14 year hiatus from playing any guitar after graduating for training/work/family reasons. A little company called PRS started during this gap in my musical life. When I started up again in the early 2000’s...I kept noticing this new brand...I thought they were way too “blingy” looking and expensive at first...sticking to my strats and BC Rich. Then I saw this one used at a GC...and I don’t know...it was just the most beautiful guitar I’d ever seen. I stared at it for months, played it a few times...decided I wasn’t going to buy a “doctor/lawyer/dentist” guitar (ironic)...and it disappeared. I figured it sold...but the owner had taken it back for a while, when it appeared again 6 months later...I snapped it up. “Tigress” my 2001 PS #222, McCarty, Black Gold, Peruvian mahogany back and neck with braz board. There’s something surreal about this one...despite the 25” scale, it has the slinkiest short scale feel and sound of almost any guitar I’ve owned...including dozens of Les Pauls (I got over my earlier aversion to them). Here’s the day I bought her in 2004.

FeUskKk.jpg

She is a lifer...had PTC do some work on her a few years back...57/08s and p/p pots for various cool split options (this was before I discovered mini-toggles). This beauty opened the floodgates for me...she has had many PS, core and SE sisters, but still a special place in the collection...I guess you never forget your first. And she’s still beautiful. (Perfect book matched flame. Perhaps the classiest PRS inlays I own.)

wLZdC0Q.jpg

pT2Sroi.jpg

65mjtr6.jpg

VwtcBQF.jpg

RU87dso.jpg

Last edited:
I was a Stratocaster only kind of guy, having started out on one...for a long, long time...didn’t like Les Pauls, or any Humbucker guitars, for a long time. Fell in love with a BC Rich in college (80’s)...then had a long 14 year hiatus from playing any guitar after graduating for training/work/family reasons. A little company called PRS started during this gap in my musical life. When I started up again in the early 2000’s...I kept noticing this new brand...I thought they were way too “blingy” looking and expensive at first...sticking to my strats and BC Rich. Then I saw this one used at a GC...and I don’t know...it was just the most beautiful guitar I’d ever seen. I stared at it for months, played it a few times...decided I wasn’t going to buy a “doctor/lawyer/dentist” guitar (ironic)...and it disappeared. I figured it sold...but the owner had taken it back for a while, when it appeared again 6 months later...I snapped it up. “Tigress” my 2001 PS #222, McCarty, Black Gold, Peruvian mahogany back and neck with braz board. There’s something surreal about this one...despite the 25” scale, it has the slinkiest short scale feel and sound of almost any guitar I’ve owned...including dozens of Les Pauls (I got over my earlier aversion to them). Here’s the day I bought her in 2004.

FeUskKk.jpg

She is a lifer...had PTC do some work on her a few years back...57/08s and p/p pots for various cool split options (this was before I discovered mini-toggles). This beauty opened the floodgates for me...she has had many PS, core and SE sisters, but still a special place in the harum...I guess you never forget your first. And she’s still beautiful. (Perfect book matched flame. Perhaps the classiest PRS inlays I own.)

wLZdC0Q.jpg

pT2Sroi.jpg

65mjtr6.jpg

VwtcBQF.jpg

RU87dso.jpg
Incredible!

Back