What wall hangers do you use for your PRS guitars?

I use the Top Stage ones they sell on Amazon, about $14 for a 3-pack. Sanded and stained these to match the board.

wSL39XD.jpg

4mnNeF5.jpg

String Swing for me. I also use them for other instruments, like mandolins, banjos, ukuleles, etc. I like having instruments out, it makes we want to play them as I walk past, and I dunno whether it is placebo effect, but for acoustic instruments they seem to be more "alive" when left out - casing them "puts them to sleep", as it were.

I need a couple more hangers, due to recent procurements, but I am honestly running out of wall space. I may need to start casing some of the low-use / special edition instruments, unless I expand wall-use to yet another room or hallway...

(What I really need is Markie's basement, but here in Florida, an 8 foot basement gives you 6 feet of water table...)

Hercules specifically states that they ok for Nitro. I have about a 50/50 mix of Hercules and String Swing.

I use Hercules, but still do the old “cut off” the top of an old sock (clean of course) and thread it over the area where the neck touches the hanger to prevent any lacquer damage.

But since the water leak and redecoration they haven’t gone up and I’m adhering to the “Schefman” technique of casing when not in use.

Yes sir, original "New Orthophonic High Fidelity" version. Still the King...

Very nice! I have that on my list, but haven't come across a copy in the right condition in the right price range...

Very nice! I have that on my list, but haven't come across a copy in the right condition in the right price range...
It’s a challenge. This was far from perfect, has a name om the back, but was in good physical shape with clean vinyl, so it was perfect for wall hanging!

It’s a challenge. This was far from perfect, has a name om the back, but was in good physical shape with clean vinyl, so it was perfect for wall hanging!

Yeah, I dig it. Everything I find is either terrible vinyl in a decent sleeve, or a decent sleeve w/scratched vinyl...

Back