what tuning do you play in?

slowro

What tuning do you play in most often and any particular reason?
I play in standard E (Most my favourite songs are in E and I like to challenge myself to play new things without changing tuning much)
I have to have perfect intonation so I never really change tuning either so I have convinced myself I NEED another PRS for drop-c. Maybe I have spent too much time on here :rofl:
Never really been into open tunings but I am dying to get my hands on an SE7 for more range :rock:

most of the time I spend in "standard" tunning. depending on the gig, half step low, some songs Drop D. my baritone, is a guitar that I only use to make textures when I am recording, so this one I use lots of different tunnings.

The band I just left uses E flat drop D tuning. I never had any problems with my Stripped 58 or my CU22 in this tuning. I was using 10-46 D'Addarios. I am getting them back to normal tuning now and went back to GHS Boomers 10-46. It's kinda weird going back to standard after 2 years of playing tuned down...

Here is our ReverbNation if you guys want to check out a few tunes...

http://www.reverbnation.com/divinesorrow

I have my CU24 tuned a whole step down to DGCFAD. I also play it in Drop C as well. I'm using 11-52's. I find that string gauge feels like 10's in standard tuning. I like to play a lot of metal and this tuning just works! I had a Strat and a Les Paul for standard tuning but I sold them a few months ago. After only owning one guitar for the last several months I've decided that I need a guitar for both a whole step down and standard tuning. New CU24 incoming as of yesterday! Pics whenever I get it!

About 80% standard, then Eb tuning for SRV type stuff and a small percentage Eb drop D. That Db bass note is killer.

I play in standard E (Most my favourite songs are in E and I like to challenge myself to play new things without changing tuning much)
I have to have perfect intonation so I never really change tuning either

Man, that is me exactly! :) I do like alt tunings on acoustic a lot though.

Our 40-something voices require half-step down in order to hit the harmonies. Couple of songs open G (open Gb actually I guess) for the couple of stones songs that we do.

At home, I always tune standard in case I want to play along with something while I'm figuring it out. I never change setup - too lazy to setup some guitars for half-step down - and am always surprised at how I never notice any issues with intonation. I don't like a low setup, so maybe that has something to do with it....

WE tune half step low to help our vocals. We also do a few songs in dropD. I keep my schecter C1 plus in a440 to play along with stuff im learning at home.

The band I'm in now is all in E standard.
We may be adding Kashmir to the setlist so I'll need to drag around another guitar for the DADGAD tuning.

For the songs I write/with my band, play in drop C, D standard, or drop D. Occasionally, I have gone to drop B, or drop B flat while writing out some songs.
I stick with standard tuning whenever I did any of my jazz stuff, be it small group or when I was in ensemble.

Standard tuning 99% of the time. But Drop D and Double Drop D for some acoustic stuff, and Double Drop D for "Cinnamon Girl"...

Jamie

Back