What to do?

Dr Ace

An untimely death has resulted in me inheriting 8 PRS guitars. 2 were spoken for and now I have 6. My son has enough guitars and I don't play. If I just want the money, how do I sell them? REVERB? Craigslist? More importantly, I have the serial #s, but have no idea what models they are.

An untimely death has resulted in me inheriting 8 PRS guitars. 2 were spoken for and now I have 6. My son has enough guitars and I don't play. If I just want the money, how do I sell them? REVERB? Craigslist? More importantly, I have the serial #s, but have no idea what models they are.
First off, sorry for your loss.

You could reach out to Customer Service for info on the guitars. They should be able to look them up.

Email us: [email protected]

Call us at 410-643-9970

Reverb, Ebay and Craigslist are all viable options to selling gear. If you don't want to hassle with selling them, you could reach out to a dealer to see what they would give you. Stay away from Guitar Center. You'll get ridiculously low prices. Personally, I have had GREAT dealings with Chicago Music Exchange. I've sold them about 30 guitars, and always have a pleasant experience. They are up front with what they will offer. In my case, on three separate occasions over the last 3 years I have emailed a list of guitars to them, with basic info such as color, serial, condition, etc. A few days later I get the file back with what they are going to list them for when they sell them, and an amount that they are offering me. They are up front saying they will give you 70% of what they will sell for. I take my stuff to them, they briefly look at the guitars, and then hand me a check for exactly what they said they would. No change of offer. No haggling. The first trip I took there I was in and out in about 45 minutes, and I was selling 10 guitars. Any time I did that at Guitar Center they'd offer 50%, or less. And it was like pulling teeth. Easily an hour for one guitar. The nice thing about CME is that you can ship them your guitars. You don't have to be local to Chicago

Where are you located?

Do you have a reverb account? May not be great selling them as a brand new seller/high end guitars/not a guitar player. But, if not, (I don't know if you play other instruments) does your son have a Reverb account?

If you get pics and post them on here, we can help you with models and maybe estimated values. You can't list them for sale here but that doesn't mean someone here may not be interested in one of them.

And, depending on where you are, others may have other suggestions as well. Edit: like the CME just listed by Bodia

Sorry for your loss buddy.

Back